1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Questioned In my Teen Years

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, May 4, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Maybe the reason why I am questioning is because I never went through it during my teen years in high school? I mean, I'm trying everyday not to think about it and just live life and stuff but maybe that's the reason why. What do you guys think?

2. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well it's never too early or too late to discover your sexuality. I know some people who have got confused because of how many sexualities there are. It might be helpful to first decide if you like guys, girls, both, or neither. Then if you want to put a name to your preferences do se research or come back to the forum if you'd like.

3. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I figured stufff out towards my mid-20s. I never really looked at girls in High school but then I realized, shiz, I never looked at guys much either!!!

So don't be weirded out if you think you might be bi or gay later in life. It happens and apparently with women especially it happens. They need to do more studies on it but I think it's fascinating.

---------- Post added 4th May 2015 at 09:37 AM ----------

I figured stufff out towards my mid-20s. I never really looked at girls in High school but then I realized, shiz, I never looked at guys much either!!!

So don't be weirded out if you think you might be bi or gay later in life. It happens and apparently with women especially it happens. They need to do more studies on it but I think it's fascinating.

4. bi2me

Lots of people discover their true selves even later! Don't stress about your age... Just try to take it easy on the journey (easier said than done, I know).

5. Haim

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't start questioning until I was in my early 20's and was away from certain influences in my life. When I initially started questioning I went into major denial and put myself back in the closet for a couple of years. But when I realised I had fallen hard for another girl, and this was something I couldn't really deny anymore I decided that no harm in exploring that thought.

Fast forward, several new people in my life and a reasonable amount of time later, and I am so glad I explored it. The world has another layer of depth I didn't know was there and I feel a freedom to be me I didn't realise I was suppressing.

I guess what I'm trying to say if it won't harm anyone, including you, explore it and just see where it leads. It may not end up being you, but at least you know.

6. Justinian20

I'm a example of a boy who never questioned as a teenager. I only started very late teens up until twenty, so you are not alone in questioning later in life

7. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I don't know much about questioning later in life as I've been questioning since the age of 5. However, I think it'd be beneficial for you to confront whatever feelings you're having & take the time to ask yourself all sorts of questions.

8. flor

I was asexual in high school, so I didn't realize I was bi. I had minor crushes on both girls and guys, but because there wasn't sexual attraction, I interpreted my girl crushes as just platonic obsession. Like foxfeather, I totally ignored that I didn't have sexual attraction toward my guy crushes either.

It wasn't until my mid-20s that I started to date a guy I liked, and that like surprisingly evolved into sexual attraction. I realized that demisexual was a thing that existed, and after that I started realizing that I was bi.

9. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I didn't realize that I wasn't straight until last year. I've realized that ever since I was 12 I started masturbating to make older figures, like teachers. I was never interested or had feelings for guys my age group so I really didn't realize at all that I wasn't straight. I did talk about girls a lot with my friends but when it came to masturbation it was mostly guys. And on top of that I was obsessed with muscle and bigger guys.

I'm probably more gay leaning than anything, but for a while I've been obsessing with labels far too much, and has consequently disrupted my daily life.