1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been questioning...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questioning me, May 4, 2015.

1. I'm a girl and I'm a freshman in high school, I don't want to be told that I have a lifetime to decide because that doesn't work for me. I've been very mature my whole life and understood a lot of things, such as sexual orientation. When I was finishing sixth grade, I decided that I was fully questioning whether I was a lesbian. I thought that I had only a physical attraction to men, therefore I could not be in an relationship with one, so I decided I was gay. I guess I didn't understand my sexual orientation as much as I thought I did because I came out to my best friend the next year and instantly regretted it. At first I thought that I just wasn't ready to make that jump out of the closet, but I made that jump because I felt like I needed to identify myself. I still feel that way and I'm not sure if that's my mind telling me that I am gay because I need to be different or that've I've been telling myself this "lie" for so long that I've begun to believe it. I really don't know what my sexual orientation is, I feel a physical attraction and I feel like I could have a relationship with both men and women, but I don't know if I'm bisexual because I don't have a sexual attraction to men, only women. I don't need to identify myself for other people because, it's not there business, I need to identify myself for me.

If anyone has any advice to help me or feelings similar to mine I'd really appreciate if you could try to help by sharing.
    Thank you! x

2. bluediamond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm in a similar boat as far as needing to identify yourself asap. A few days ago i fully realized i wasnt straight and since then my head has been spinning, going at a thousand miles an hour to try to figure out who i am.

I'm 23, in a relationship with a man, and very confused. The more i read the more i realize no one is just "bi", "gay", or "straight". There are lots of people who fit partially into multiple categories and sexual orientations can change over time.

Not sure if I'm helping... just want to pass on the little bit of understanding I've gained in the last couple days, and let you know you're not alone in your urgent need to figure out who you are.

3. It is good to know that someone knows what it's like.
    Thank you. x

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That sounds a lot like me. I've had a few attractions to girls in the past, and some to guys but I've always been really freaked out when guys liked me so I think that made me start thinking "hm could I like girls?" I've never really liked a girl so I don't know, yet I think I've been convincing myself I could be gay. It's good that you've recognized that there may be more to your sexual orientation than you thought before. I don't really have too much advice on figuring it out other than just waiting to see, which I know you probably don't want to hear.
    I don't know if you've told you're friend you may be questioning being gay, but I would suggest telling them you're questioning, not just to "correctly label" yourself to them, but more for yourself. It may take some of the pressure off of living up to being gay if that makes sense.
    Other than that, try to just explore more. Like take notice to who you find attractive (but don't over analyze too much, just feel the attraction and move on). I know it can be hard, but try to develop a more open mind to liking any gender so that you're not discounting any attraction you may feel for guys.
    I hope this helps. Best of luck!(*hug*)