1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bananabread, May 6, 2015.

1. bananabread

Hey there!

Spotted this website after a bit of googling.

I'm 19, 20 in August, and fairly certain that I'm pansexual. I've only ever had intimate relationships (relatively long term) with women, but I tend to find myself attracted to people based on a lot of different factors, but very rarely their gender. I'm a rather protective person, with a bit of a temper, and pretty "manly" as far as it goes. However, I have been very attracted to transsexual people as well as men, and feel that this is a fair indicator of my sexuality. I'm a pretty confident person, so I'm not really all that bothered about coming out, but I'm wondering if people will actually take me seriously? I've only ever been intimate with straight women and only ever dated straight women.

My second question is based from romantic preference as opposed to sexual. I'm sexually attracted to transsexuals and men, as well as women, but romantically I'm really only interested in women. Does this make my feelings a "phase" or a "curiosity"? I've felt this way for at least two years now, but it's only recently (last 6 months or so) that I've actually seriously thought about it and attempted to understand it. To simplify - I could fuck a man but I don't think I could marry one.

Any help would be mint! Thankyou!

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

If you stick firm in telling people that you're pansexual, they will take you seriously, especially if they've only just met you. I'm sure some people might not, believing it to be a phase or something, but there's virtually nothing you can do for those people but insist upon your pansexuality.
    There's definitely a difference between sexual and romantic relations, in response to your second question. Sex is entirely physical and the pleasure you derive from it come as a result of short-term impact chemicals in your brain; in romance, the chemical changes are more subtle and sustainable, meaning more pleasure for as long as it can be maintained without the interference of other factors. Sex and romance are also arguably mutually exclusive: just because you get a kick out of f**king something doesn't mean you want to spend your life with it, and vice versa.
    Have no worries: we live in modern times. If you believe you are pansexual, people will see you as such, and if there's a difference between what you want to screw and what you want to love and live with then good, you're a normal human being.
    Good luck as always.
    Connor