1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing with terms

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AsiaJ33, May 6, 2015.

1. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so for those of you who don't know, a brief history right here: Well, I started questioning my sexuality last year. Before that I did have a few heterosexual crushes, but I mean, I was in like fourth grade so I really don't count those. I was a stupid and ignorant child... ANYWAY so I started questioning and I realized that my feelings towards females is much different than towards males. Males I just crush on. It's really not... Special, I guess. So I started to like females. And like, REALLY like them... I have not had too many crushes on them, but they are different then the heterosexual crushes... I don't really know quite HOW to describe it other than the fact that I started to get turned on by them (side note: I am super underdeveloped so I'm hitting puberty late, so maybe my recent sexual feelings towards females have had to do with the fact that I've only just started feeling this way, period.) but anyway, this year I've only liked females. I mean, yeah guys can be cute, but... I don't know, it's not the same.

Ok so now I'll cut to the chase. Recently I've been calling myself lesbian, but that just doesn't feel completely right. I mean, I COULD have feelings for males... I have before, so how bout bi? Leaning towards females? No, that just won't do. It just doesn't... Work. So I've been playing with terms, and I found something that feels right... Ready? Here goes... Homosexual and Biromantic... I thought of it and it just WORKS...

Basically, I'm just here to make sense of this all. Do those terms make sense? Is that a logical way to have figured that out? Even though I like the feeling of those words, how will I know that they are the right ones? Also, one more question... Could my "sexual" feelings towards females just be because I'm into females AT THE MOMENT and since I've just really started feeling this way, period, it could be because of puberty and I'll have them for males too? (Sorry that wording doesn't make much sense, I'm in a hurry so do your best)

THANKS FOR THE HELP MY FABULOUS AMIGOS!

2. supernova

Out Status:
    All but family
    Referring to yourself as a Homosexual Biromantic is perfectly fine, I called myself that for a time last year. The thing about sexualities that makes it so confusing is that they can fluctuate over time. So, those terms make perfect sense, and you can change them anytime you want if you think that your feelings have changed.

It's also fine if you only have sexual feeling for one gender at a time, those feeling can shift between genders and intensity. My best advice would be explore your options, and see where your feelings take you.

3. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

It's totally normal to question your labels & feelings from time to time. They can always be changed later, or you can abandon them completely.