1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a girl?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by yayforthelgbt, May 8, 2015.

1. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Today has been a weird day. I'm pretty sure I'm leaning to guys, and I am pretty gay. However, my best friend (who is a girl btw) has been bugging me about having a crush on one of her friends. She says that it is obvious that I like her, and how I always stare at her. I have never really had a crush on anyone, but this girl is very cute and pretty and super sweet ^_^ I then told my best friend that maybe I liked her but I don't really know what a crush feels like. She asked me how I feel when her friend is around me/smiles at me? Well I answered happy, and also told my best friend that her friend ("my crush") is very pretty. Then at break-time my best friend told "my crush" (I said she could btw, I wasn't that bothered) and then I left. Anyway it's just super awkward because "my crush" doesn't really like me in that way so yeah. I just kinda regret it now because a lot of people know but I don't even know if I like her in that way? She seems super sweet and cool but I don't even think I like her in a way and I can't see us being together. If I do have a crush on her, I'm obviously not completely gay. I just don't know what a crush feels like still, nobody wants to date me and I don't suit with anyone, most of the boys are straight and I don't even like most of them, loads of girls are nice but I only see them as friends, and I just don't want to have a relationship. I just feel weird because a lot of my friends (especially girls, even though most of my friends are girls anyway) have had crushes. Thoughts? Opinions? I'm too ugly and unattractive and I'm super hypocritical because I would want a partner which is good-looking but I'm not myself :frowning2:

2. bi2me

1. You are probably far more attractive than you think.
    2. Looks aren't everything. Most people don't look like models.
    3. It really is what's on the inside that counts-especially as you get older.
    4. You are still in that terribly awkward stage. I know it seems like adults don't know and can't remember, but at least some of us do. As you grow and mature, your body will change. Those who look good now might change for the worse; you never know.

I can't help too much on the crush issue... I haven't really had any. :frowning2:

3. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you :slight_smile: I know looks are not anything, and if I wanted to have a relationship with somebody I would definitely be in the relationship for personality. I don't really think I'm attractive still, but thank you anyway ^_^

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's possible that you have some kind of a friend crush on her. Like I always say, there's a difference between attraction and appreciation. Sometimes the two get a little muddled; there's been plenty of times where I've looked at a girl and thought "Do I want to BE her? Or be WITH her?!" There's a lot of different things that it could be.

My point is, don't worry about it. You've got a lot of time to think all this stuff out. If she said she's not interested, then respect that decision. Try and just be friends with her instead. Maybe you'll see that you just wanted to get to know her and hang out, not just start dating her. It's not a dire emergency. And I know being single sucks, but it doesn't last forever. Confidence is key; if people can tell you're confident and comfortable in your own skin, they'll flock to you.