1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How am I meant to know?!?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unicornswag, May 9, 2015.

1. Unicornswag

How did you know you were gay?

I know that most people knew after they had 'the experience' but how are you meant to have 'the experience' without people knowing that you're gay?

Halp my brain ^.^ :bang:

2. PrettyPurple

I knew I was attracted to girls when I fell in love with one. I was never attracted to guys, but I just assumed that at some point something would click and suddenly I'd see guys differently, but it didn't happen, then I met a girl and fell in love, and I thought about it and suddenly it seemed obvious that I always liked girls. I guess it's different for everyone.

3. MetalRice

I figured out that I was bisexual when I discovered that I was attracted to men too - and specifically when they wouldn't go away; but it took me a while to accept it.

4. HugasaurusRex

I have always (well since I was 6) known I was gay, though back then I did not have a word for it. I just knew I felt differently towards boys and girls than the other boys around me felt. But when I was 11 certain things happened that led to me hiding my sexuality. But I still knew, even though I tried my hardest to deny it, that I was gay. Eventually I came to the conclusion I was bisexual (there is a more in-depth explanation as to why/how/what were the reasons to me hiding this in previous post). But again, the attraction to boys was always there, and the fact I enjoyed and had quite a lot of sex with boys when I was in school...Literally and not literally (at their houses), kind of shown me that I was gay (but still hiding it, not too well though looking back).

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It seems we're in the same boat here Unicornswag. Do you have any lesbian friends? Or other friends who may be questioning? If so, I would recommend maybe talking to them about your sexuality if you feel comfortable. It can really help to have someone to talk to who's been through it. If not though, the best advice I can give you is to not over-analyze. When you're confused about your sexuality, it can be easy to drive yourself crazy thinking "am I attracted to that person? How bout that one?" and what does that mean?? Haha trust me, I've been there. Just remember to be patient with yourself. Sexuality is a confusing thing, but take things as they come and don't put to much pressure on yourself to find an answer now, even though it's hard. Best of luck to you!(*hug*)

6. emma7

Well,

Iv'e never dated nor had sexual intercourse with either sex but i knew -

I was never really attracted to men sometimes ill'd look at "frisky" pictures of women and feel a little aroused but felt as if it was wrong because i had always said im straight .

But then (shortly after my 15th birthday) a f(gay male) friend was asking what i am (bi,gay etc) and i said i didnt really know and basically what i had said above. He knew that i dressed in male clothes etc and he said "well i think you're gay". So long story short he just helped me come to terms with it etc etc. And now im gay and proud :grin:

So thats how i know :icon_bigg