1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to my parents

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Music Girl, May 10, 2015.

1. Music Girl

Music Girl Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I want to come out to my parents. The problem is I don't really know what I want to come out as. I'm not even sure I'm not straight, let alone gay or bisexual, but I feel like I'm keeping a huge secret by not telling my parents. I don't want to say I'm questioning because then I feel like they won't take me seriously, and I really want to just have a label for myself. How can I come out to them without saying I'm questioning or bi? Or, how can I know for sure what I am without sneaking around and having "experiences" with girls? :bang:

2. MetalRice

First of all, you don't always need to have actual experiences to know if you are something. All you need to do sometimes is ask yourself these questions.

1-Are you sexually/physically attracted to women? do you like their bodies, do they arouse you; does the idea of having sex with a woman turn you on or appeal to you? What about emotionally? Could you see yourself having a relationship with a girl?
    2-Same as above, except replace women/woman and girl with men/man and boy

As for coming out, I personally wouldn't do it until you are sure of who you are, and only then if you are comfortable with it; but that's your call to make too.

3. Music Girl

Music Girl Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like, body-wise at least, I'm attracted to only female bodied people. Relationship-wise is a different story. That's what I mean by having no experience. I don't THINK it matters, but I don't really know if it does to me whether a person is male, female, or something else in terms of falling in love because I've never even had a crush on somebody. Gosh, I'm just really confused, as I'm sure is evident. Wait a minute... That actually helped a lot, for some reason, even though I've heard the same thing a million times. I think I found a label that fits! I think homoflexible/homosexual and panromantic might actually be an appropriate description. THANK. YOU. I'm sorry, this was me typing out my thoughts and my abbreviated thought process. Against my better judgement, I'm going to post it anyways.

4. MetalRice

Happy to help my lady :icon_wink