1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansexual or Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BisexualQueen, May 13, 2015.

1. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So recently I've been questioning whether I was bisexual or pansexual. I've always identified bisexual before, but I didn't know the difference between the two. So I'm just attracted to whoever I'm attracted to regardless of gender. I don't limit myself to only guys and girls. I do realize that only I can decide whether I'm bi or pan, but does it sound like I'm pansexual? Also, does having a preference towards one gender make me not able to be pan?

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me that sounds like pansexual with a preference for one gender. :slight_smile: Having a preference does not exclude you from identifying as pansexual, it works the same as bisexual but with more than two genders.

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The only difference between Pansexual and Bisexual is this;-

Bisexual - Two or more genders. (May include non-binary)

Pansexual - All genders. (Definitely includes non-binary)

Pansexual is pretty much a more specific version of Bisexual, you are free to use whichever you want :slight_smile:

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    ^what the ladies said.

I might add my own experience, I used to id as bi too, then I was like, wait a sec, I like trans guys and girls and tomboys and everyone else who aren't binary too! well Pantastic pixie it is!

cheers <3

5. wasgij

This may be my "biological male" side talking, but it's just sexuality, right? So if we're just talking about physical attraction, we don't know a person's internal gender before getting curious about them in the first place. Personally, I find myself attracted to a lot of people with androgynous-looking sexuality, and there's a bit of variation.

If we look at sexuality as a spectrum, maybe some people like both ends but not the middle. I like the middle, with a sort-of broad sweep.

6. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I'll probably be thinking about identifying as pansexual because it seems I might be.