1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my sexuality make me a bad person?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EricM, May 14, 2015.

1. EricM

Out Status:
    A few people
    A while ago, I went into a chat that talked about sexuality. I had said that I believed I identified as a panromantic homosexual. Someone PMed me and told me that I should never date girls because all I would do would be leading them on. I tried to say that there is much more to a relationship than a physical aspect but I wasn't listened to, and was told to stay away from girls if I'm not sexually attracted to them.

Does being romantically attracted to girls but only sexually attracted to guys make me a bad person? Does it mean I'm leading someone on, even if I was honest with them from the beginning? Would I be wasting someone's time? This is all really confusing.

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That does not make you a bad person at all. There are asexual girls out there who would like it, and since you said you would be upfront about it I don't see what the problem is.

If I was dating someone and he told me he's not interested in sex, that would be a deal breaker for me. If I then kept on seeing him expecting us to have sex later, I would be the one leading the guy on, and I would be the bad person. It's not your fault you're not interested, nor is there anything wrong with that. :confused:

3. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't say it makes you a bad person at all, in the end it's about honesty and if you're upfront and honest it's their decision if they want too accept that. Personally I would prefer a relationship based on mutual caring, honesty and romance more than a relationship based entirely on sexual chemistry (although I do think one without the other would be a dealbreaker). I think we all have our quirks for lack of a better word, the only thing we can ever do is be honest.

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Of course not! Who you are attracted to does not dictate who you are as a person. So long as you are honest with them, you are not leading them on.

You are not a bad person for feeling the way you feel. :slight_smile:

(&&&) (*hug*)