1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like Asian women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Foxfeather, May 15, 2015.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am an Asian bisexual-possibly leaning lez-and I just have been feeling insecure about my ethnicity. I am pretty (heh most days when my hair is obedient) and everyone calls me "cute"-never sexy, but once beautiful. I am not this drop dead gorgeous and I just wanted to know if generally a woman would be open to dating an Asian woman. I am nobody's damn yellow Princess from China or anime girl fetish. More like Mulan. But more "white washed." Only she's the wrong kind of Asian too cos I am not Chinese.

I just have been feeling really bad because everyone just seems to assume that lesbians are white girls. And it has been so hard for me to fit in. Not only am I fetishized by yellow fever.....but by straight men who like to watch interracial girls kiss. I am Asian. I act Asian. Bit I am not this stereotypical weakling (heck I am soft butch albeit very cute and short---genetic thing) oe size-C cup bombshell from final fantasy.

I'm tired of feeling cute and not beautiful or desirable because I'm so small or short or too cute.....

2. Lyana

Hiya Foxfeather,

There's really nohing wrong with "cute." The girl I have a crush on is absolutely cute, and finding someone cute doesn't mean I also can't find them beautiful and sexy. And plenty of people out there will happily date someone who's not drop-dead gorgeous.

Are you having trouble meeting lesbian & bisexual women? Have you looked into LGBT groups in your area?

That said, since you asked -- yes, I definitely like Asian girls. Of course Asia covers a lot of different ethnicities, but still. There are plenty of women out there who will see your beauty.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Race is so near the bottom of my preference list, it's ridiculous. It's on par with hair or eye color for me, which is to say, I'll notice but it fades pretty quickly.

To answer your question, yes, I do like Asian women. I also like every other ethnicity and nationality of woman, if she's good the right attitude. So, no worries, there are folks out there who will appreciate you.

I'd be careful about the "white wash" though, that can leave people with a confused or negative impression, considering how that term is used.

I like women. Where you're from isn't as important as who you are, as corny as that sounds.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Honey, you're exactly my type (as far as I have types) <3 There are lots of girls (and guys) who will like you if you reach out and try.
    <3

5. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do find myself attracted to all sorts of women, and I think just by the law of averages, given that I live in a multicultural city, those women will be not of my race (I am white).

My first gf was Japanese- by pure chance, she actually chatted me up first :slight_smile:

What I find attractive in women in general is a combination of traits- one of them is the way she dresses- on average I find that the Asian girls I encounter have great sense of style- it is somehow more 'demure'/elegant and modern/cool at the same time compared to the average girls of other races & I find it rather attractive.

I find cute is desirable, so I am not sure what are you on about when you say it makes you feel not desirable.

Being desirable to men and women are 2 entirely different things- for me personally the more a woman tries to be attractive to men- high heels, lots of make up, revealing clothing- the less she becomes attractive to me (although I could still feel tingly), because I simply feel like I am not the 'target 'audience for her dress-up show- she is trying to attract men, not women.

On the other hand I do find more girly natural/dress down/cute or even tomboy attractive/ desirable because I feel like she dressed for herself- her own comfort & women who are comfortable with themselves are the best company :wink:

6. Haha. It's funny you should post this. My first love was someone who was just as you described -- asian and cute, not necessarily stereotypically "beautiful." In my eyes she was the most gorgeous and attractive woman I have ever seen. Everyone I have had a crush on since has looked somewhat like her. Look, there are lots of us out there who have you as a type. You have nothing to worry about dearie.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yes, I find them very attractive <3

8. TheStormInside

One of my biggest crushes was Asian, so yes, I find Asian women attractive. As far as the "cute, not sexy" thing- well I am in the same boat as you, so hopefully there are others out there who find that attractive. Personally I find "cute" or "sexy" both attractive, just in somewhat different ways. And besides, personality is more important.

9. cloudberry

I actually prefer 'cute' over 'sexy', although I don't really consider them to be mutually exclusive. Cute can definitely be sexy. And I definitely have a soft spot for cute kind of tomboyish girls! Also, yes, I find Asian girls attractive.

I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way so I'm absolutely sure there are plenty of people out there who'll find you beautiful and desirable. :slight_smile: