1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't even know

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ninjakomodo, May 17, 2015.

1. ninjakomodo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey all,

I guess let's start this off with a little about me. I'm a 22 year old male, and I've never truly understood my own sexuality. I've tried and tried to find things online, but I don't seem to fall into a single category. I've always just called myself bi to most people, or pan to my closer friends who would actually understand it, but I don't even think that's completely right.

The one thing I know for sure, is that I'm a biromantic, or maybe a bit broader term for it. I'm attracted to pretty much anyone as far as relationships go. Be you male, female, trans, hermaphroditic, whatever. It doesn't matter to me. If I like you, I like you.

The actual sexuality part is where I just end up confusing myself. I do have sexual attraction to many different things. I have fantasies and enjoy them all the time. The difference is, I don't feel the need to act on these things. I may see a beautiful woman and think about how I'd love to have sex with her, or how fun it would be to be in bed with a hot guy, but I wouldn't act on it. It's not from lack of confidence, but simply lack of desire. I'll be attracted to people I see and meet, but I won't want to have sex with them. I'll want to fantasize about them and would rather masturbate about it than actually do anything.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy sex. I have had sex with only 2 people (a male and a female), and enjoyed all parts of it. Once I got going, I didn't want to stop. But one night would satisfy my needs for a couple of years. Being in a relationship though, where they weren't like that, a couple years would be too long for them to wait. I would end up doing things with them again, simply because I knew they enjoyed it and I wanted to give them what made them happy. I'd still enjoy it, but I would put all the focus on them (especially oral), because I didn't feel the need to do anything involving myself. I'd rather just wait til I was alone and masturbate a couple times a week than have sex. I just don't feel the need to have sex I suppose. But I do feel the need to masturbate because I do have the sexual feelings and needs. I would just rather I do it myself, even when I know that someone else can do it better.

I know it's not all worded very well, but I really didn't even know how to describe it. Anyone else like this? Anyone have any idea what sexuality I could even call myself?

I'll gladly answer any other questions about it that you may have.

#1 ninjakomodo, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It sounds to me like you're panromantic and pansexual with a fairly low interest in sex.
    And don't worry too much about labels. Your feelings are what matters. 'Pansexual' might work. I usually just go with 'I like people' :slight_smile:

3. ninjakomodo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That could be it. I know the labels don't matter, I'm just more so interested in it for myself.

Though I have to admit, coming out as a "Pantastic Pixie" sounds like it could be fun, if only for the reactions of friends and family.