1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of some lesbian insight!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ruglud, May 18, 2015.

1. ruglud

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi guys,

I have been struggling with my orientation for a few months now.. it all started when I got a huge crush on a girl I was working with, and later found out she was gay. I was so shy and had all this weird feelings inside whenever I was around her. With time I kind of got over it and today she is one of my closest friends. At this time I began to thing about if I might be a lesbian. I went through all my crushes and former relationships and found out I have ended every single relationship I have had with a guy because I have never really had such strong feelings for them as they had for me. I was quite young when I started dating and fooling around (14yo) and I think I might have done it because every one else around me were doing it. I have been sexually active since the age of 14/15, but I have never enjoyed having sex and always found an excuse to avoid sexual contact with my boyfriends.

When I think back to my high school years, I was always obsessing over some girls I hardly knew, but found interesting and beautiful. I don't think I wanted to have a relationship with them, but I was always curious about them and their lives. I think i might also have been a little jealous at their friends and boyfriends to get to be around them all the time. I wanted to get to know them and hang out with them.. but I was veeeery shy and kind of just admired them from a distance.

The past few months have been a struggle. I have had so many feelings and thoughts about my life and future and it is driving me crazy. I have gone on a few dates with different women and have found it pleasant. It has never been uncomfortable and I have really enjoyed it. The fact is, that I can't figure out if i´m gay or if this is just something i´ll get over.. Since I began to have doubts about me being straight, guys have not been on my mind. I see a pretty girl and it kind of turns me on.. but I seem to not even notice the guys that are around me. But maybe thats just because I have been having all these thoughts about me being gay ??

I have talked to my sister, mom and my closest friends about this.. but I don´t quite know how to have the conversation when I am so unsure of my orientation. I think i´m getting closer to identifying as a lesbian then I was a few months from now.. but I feel like because I haven´t had sex with a woman or been in a relationship with one, I cant really know if I´m gay or not until I try all that stuff ? Did you know right away that you were gay ? Or did you need to "experiment" before you were completely sure about it ?

Hope to get some insight from you wise folks.. And hope that I figure this thing out sooner than later :eusa_doh:

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You do not need to experiment to know which gender you are attracted to. It's just something you feel. If you can only see yourself being romantically and sexually with a woman then you're a lesbian. If not then you might be bisexual.

3. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I haven't come out yet because, although I feel pretty sure about being a lesbian, a part of me says that I can't be completely sure until I date a girl, but the thing is, we don't need to "prove" that we're gay to anyone. Straight people don't need to experiment to prove themselves and to everyone that they're straight, so I don't see why we would need to do that. If you feel it, then it's true. I know I'm not attracted to guys, and that's how I realized I'm a lesbian :slight_smile:

4. ilovepeople

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know, I'm sorry, another Am I Gay question huh? At the start of the year, I discovered that one of my classmates was a lesbian and I have pretty strong feelings for her and I don't know, am I a lesbian? But since I am (quite) attracted to guys, I'm pretty sure I'm either bi or straight. So am I straight or bisexual? Please helppppp. :frowning2:((((