1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so today was strange...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unicornswag, May 20, 2015.

1. Unicornswag

Sorry didn't know where to post this...

Me and 3 friends (including my bestfriend) where chilling in a room at school when suddenly my bestfriend tells me that my friend asked if i was gay yesterday. Following this they all started to ask if i was, and they sounded pretty serious (were never usually serious, so its difficult to tell) I really wanted to just say yes but the words just wouldnt come out, so i denied it. My bestfriend also said that no one would judge me if i was, which was reassuring :slight_smile:

I think they're starting to figure it out, but it was still a very strange moment...

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww bless you, that can be tough when it comes at you unexpected. I bet it felt really weird. Do you feel like you still want to tell them?

3. Unicornswag

I would like to tell my bestfriend because im pretty sure she will be okay with it, but im scared incase she isn't :frowning2:

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    that could go either way.
    only you know how honest your friends are being.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah as the above poster said no one can guarantee that, although if you think she would be ok then you are probably right. I was thinking maybe you could send her a message and say something about what they were talking about. Only if you want to though, no pressure there will be other opportunities.

6. Unicornswag

Why is this so hard :frowning2: can't you do it for me while I run away to Mexico?

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I wish we could! But if you are good friends with this girl I'm sure she'd be able to accept you. Has she said or done anything in the past that would make you think she might not? Do you know how she feels about LGBT stuff? Only tell her if you really do feel comfortable and ready, but also if you don't know your orientation yet you could even tell your friend you've been questioning and are still trying to figure it out if that would be easier. But again, only if you feel comfortable and ready. I'm sure you feel more pressured to tell people now since your friends suspected you of being gay but only you can decide if you are ready to tell people and it's perfectly ok to wait because it's your business. (*hug*)

8. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i have had some of the exact situations. always denied it, but they usually end like yours with some encouragement. like you, im still working on getting that "no im not gay" into a "yes, and i feel relieved to finally say it". everything happens in time!

9. Unicornswag

Thanks (*hug*) she has a gay neighbour who she babysits for and she's always telling me how she loves having a gay neighbour, so I think she'll be cool with it.

I'm glad someone's in the same boat as me then!

10. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you could write a small note, something like "Do you remember what you asked me the other day? Yes, I am" and hand it to her?

11. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one really asked my up front if I was gay or not, but now that I've come to terms with my attractions in general, I'd tells them that I'm bi because that's how I feel at the moment. If I feel ok with gay later on, and feel that it represents me the most, then I'll go with that.

I'm still not comfortable with the idea of holding hands in public. I'm not one to advertise.

12. Unicornswag

I was the same with my ex boyfriend however I feel like id enjoy it if I was with a girl.
    Good idea, thanks :3