1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cubxu, May 21, 2015.

1. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey. I've come to a bit of a standstill recently. I want to explore my sexuality, but I'm really not sure how to make the next step. Signing up to this forum has probably been the biggest step I've made towards figuring out my sexuality.

I should probably start at the beginning. At the age of fourteen, I started to get those urges that any boy does at that time of his life. As I was exploring my fantasies, I noticed that a lot of them were mainly surrounding guys. I brushed it off for the next three years, just thinking that it was a phase I was going through.

This is probably the first time I've said this 'outloud', but my sexuality is either bisexual, or gay. I never really had a moment that it dawned on me, because I think I always knew that I was never going to exit my 'phase'.

As my friends moved away to go to university just under a year ago, I've been left a little alone in a sense. I focussed more on my studies, waiting for university to rekindle my social life. But I've had enough of fantasising and not knowing, so i want to explore my sexuality.

The problem is, I don't know how. I've never been in a serious relationship, and it's just dawned on me how inept I am at the art of dating. Just the other day, I caught eyes with someone who smiled at me, and I awkwardly waved back, embarrassed with myself.

So my question is, what's the next step for me? I have no one that I would feel comfortable coming out to, and I'm seriously lacking in relationship experience. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. woahthatsboring

Dating doesn't come naturally to some people, I can agree that when someone is flirting with me... I never know! :slight_smile: so you're not the only one. I'm kind of at a standstill too but I think if you're ready for the next step but don't want to come out or date anyone, you could go to a gay club, bar, coffee by yourself. No one is gonna find out in less you tell them and I think it's good to get yourself out there :slight_smile:

3. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Cheers for the advice! I'm definitely going to try that when I go to bigger places. My home-town is quite small, however, so there is basically no gay-scene in any sense. I've always thought of getting a dating app, but will I don't want to be too afraid to respond :bang: It certainly gets frustrating sometimes