1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask if my close friend is Straight or Into me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ash7852, May 21, 2015.

1. ash7852

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone,

I know I posted earlier this week about the long story with me and my dear friend. Originally I wrote trying to figure out what to do with all these emotions towards her and figure out is she flirting with me.
    Before her I never had truly considered being with a women, only dated men.

Well I am almost a hundred percent positive she is flirting with me, and I honestly would love any take back on this....and partially need to vent before I burst!

I met her in an indoor soccer league, and she later found me on FB through the league we're in, wrote me saying great game and she wasn't sure if she said good game to me. I thought that was really sweet...and kind of dropped it.

Week later she asks how my soccer game went and we chatted a little...nothing too big and a couple jokes in between.

But ever since going on 2 weeks we have basically talked non stop, and she absolutely cracks me up, the biggest sweetheart I know. The other day she sent me a photo of her, and immediately I thought wow she's gorgeous....but I wound up saying I loved her bandana and shades. I know, lame.!

Well she invited me to a movie in a round about way by saying she wanted to go see it as well, but I had made previous plans with a friend and my sister, and said
    "Well I guess I can't compete with them :wink:"

Then today I was studying at my university and I left my headphones, she offered to bring me a pair since she lives basically Right dow the street and wasn't working. I told her since I had only an hour before class that it was ok, and maybe we could meet up afterwards instead. I realize now I let her down again....and I could tell through our conversations later on.

To be honest here though, I was quite nervous in seeing her today. We write back and forth all day laughing teasing one another etc and more wink faces than I can count, and always poking fun in good taste. I am trying to just go with the flow and what feels right in my heart by just saying what I feel to her weather its teasing or what not, than analyze ever little thing but its difficult. Especially since before her, I always dated guys. I don't want to hurt her...but I am not sure what to do next.

I told her I felt intimidated by her at first during our soccer games and when she asked why I told her part because she's brilliant and I felt "below her" and she texted me later on,
    "next time you say you are below anybody I will have to tickle you until you stop talking nonsense!!"

Im studying abroad a few weeks this summer and she told me "I'm really going to miss talking with you", and I was like ok, wow. This cannot just be what a 'straight' friend thats not into me would say?

I have no idea to go about telling her hey I've always dated guy or never been with a women before....or how to figure out if she's into me, Bi, Lesbian, or any other orientation....

Should I just go with the flow on how things are going now...or wait until we get together next week she's helping me with math...and just read her body language?

Thanks for reading this and helping me stay sane. I really need to get this off my chest :slight_smile:

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would say this is playful behavior for two women but she could just be a really flirtacious person also. I would say wait until you meet up with her and read body language. why don't you flirt with her too? You know, a lot of girls who are straight find attraction to a woman at some point in their life. This doesn't necessarily change your label unless no longer feel straight which is totally cool. Women are naturally curious, go with your gut. Good luck girl :slight_smile: x