1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28 female still confused am i lesbian in Heterosexual relationship

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lillirose86, May 22, 2015.

1. lillirose86

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was wondering if you can help me I'm so lost...

I'm still really strugandg... I almost feel like I'm letting myself down by not being brave enough to listen to my heart and gut, but the other day since feeling this way (again) I had this daydream when I allowed myself to think without prejudice or worry and I thought about holding a woman, in a wedding dress,.... I was like Hmmmm, do i want to kiss the bride rather than being the bride..??? I'm very feminine yet have been a bit of a tomboy all my life, I love dressing up but I really also love a tight white top and my diesel skinnies. I've always felt a bit gay if that makes sense. My whole body turns on at the thought of pleasing a woman like instantly, touching her curves, her hair, and I never have to apologise for myself whereas I have to almost try with my boyfriend. Is that a tell? He's agorgeous, sexy man but we have major issues, I feel so guilty for feeling this way.

The funny thing is we've rowed for years and over again about the same stuff, I don't think of him enough I don't listen I don't put him first... We nearly split up on the 1st of may for the third nearly done all out screaming matches and shoving and me hating myself and the situation. He's a difficult man and he's had it bad. So I don't blame him but he's hurt me in the past emotionally. This is like his last chance with us and he's been lovely, making an effort to talk and not argue (goes for me too) so now I just feel worse.

I do love him, I am attracted to him but I'm wondering if it's because Im comfortable and I care about him, maybe I'm more in it for him? That's what is confusing. As every man I have been with I have freaked out on after a few months during sex, like feeling disgusted or that it felt wrong. even my first love to my longest ever relationship currently. At some point I have felt shut down to their sexual touch.

Help I'm dying inside

Thanks if you have the time xxx

#1 lillirose86, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dude, my heart is with you. You shouldn't feel guilty, relationships are hard and none of us are perfect. The fact you feel bad shows you care, and that you're a good person.

My advice would be to take your time, and go with your gut. Sometimes these things have to play out. One thing I would consider is if being in the relationship, and all that goes with it, is bringing you mainly positive or negative feelings. If you're unhappy or unfulfilled then it may be a sign that it's time to go.

From my own experience, my advice would be don't stay in a relationship you're not happy in because you're scared of breaking up, or because he's a good guy who you don't want to hurt. It doesn't work. Likewise, if your gut is shouting at you then listen to it, it's usually right. Ultimately, if this relationship isn't right for you, then it isn't right for him either - whether or not he realises that at the time.

3. lillirose86

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Very true. I'm just very aware that I'm sooooo changeable or so I thought and not being able to trust my feelings.

It doesn't help he is insecure and can get angry... The two times I've tried to call a day to much anguish as I do care very much for him yes, before and he has either threatened suicide and says There's no life without me, (so so sad breaks my heart remembering his face...Or has said with upmost sincerity, do what makes you happy that is all I want for you.

Numerous times he has told me in the past that i should leave, get out, in heated arguments but we row like the scorpion and crab that we are. Cause I'm not meeting his needs...?

But it would make soooooooo much sense out of my life if i truly am a gay woman.. .

I'm terrified...

Help n hugs welcome

4. bi2me

As scary as it is, it doesn't seem like your current relationship is working out. I don't even think it's related to sexuality. I'd figure out if/where you fit in the current relationship and then work out the rest. If you keep rehashing the same issues, it doesn't seem like he's the person for you. Once you get sorted out, you can figure out who your like to date next.

5. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was me three years ago. It was absolutely unbearable and I probably caused a lot more hurt than necessary as a result of going back and forth. Turned out it was the fear of the unknown causing that. But that's just me, I don't want to project, everyone is different.

You are not responsible for him. He has a right to feel upset, angry, whatever. He doesn't however have a right however to hold you responsible for his personal well being. A relationship comes with the risk of getting spectacularly hurt, sadly. That's life. We live, we get hurt, then we pick up and move on.

Be brave and go with your gut. It may not feel certain at the time but in the long run it shouldn't let you down. Big hugs x

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I know it's really scary but regardless of whether or not you are gay and it sounds to me that you might be, it also sounds like like your current relationship is not that healthy and being intimate with your partner should never make you feel bad or sorry. You also cannot stay in a relationship just because of what he says he will or won't be without you. I know that doesn't make it any easier.

To be honest I get the impression you know what you need and what to do but are looking for some reassurance and support, you have my sympathies but just hold that image of you and the woman in your head, you could have that.

7. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi :slight_smile:

Well it feels a bit weird to talk about experiences and giving advice because you and the other posters are quite a bit older than me.

But let's see what I can offer you:

My first relationship was with a guy. He was a nice and caring guy and we had a great relationship. But at some point I started realizing that this relationship may not be what I wish for my future. Our expectations of life didn't match anymore and we had rows about the same things regularly. On top I always considered myself as not completely straight and thoughts about women, daydreaming and fantasizing got more and more. But I pushed 'em away in the back of my head. I ignored all those feelings. I tried to hold on to this relationship and this love, although I kinda knew already that it won't work out...When I got deep inside myself and listened to my gut, I already knew my thruth and what I should do - And I have the impression that you know your own truth already if you're honest with yourself.

Well, I was not able to end the relationship because I was scared, I was unsure about my feelings and I really wanted this relationship to work out. I just couldn't admit that we were over. Finally he decided to break up. Of course I felt unhappy, alone and lost. But for the long run it was probably the best that could have happend.

After all, the break up felt liberating and gave me the opportunity to explore my true self. I had no clue where it would bring me and what was waiting for me out there. But just take it as a chance and make the best of it!

So my advice: I know a break up can be hard, but when you tried your best to make it work and it didn't really work out, it's probably for the better to end this relationship. Staying in a relationship that's not really satisfying for both of you can hurt your feelings a lot more in the end.

For now it's not that importance no. one to know if you will get together with a girl one day or not. It's more about just being happy. So when you're not happy with your current situation and how things are, you need a change - obviously. But in which shape you'll find this change, that's up to you. Only you can decide it. But it seems that ending the relationship may be this change. Take the courage and take this huge step forward if it feels right for you.

And who knows, maybe you meet a beautiful woman and with her you can make the picture that you've in your head become reality. Or maybe not.
    But you have lots of time to find this out.

Oooooh and this was not meant to sound completely against your relationship. I'm definitely not the type of person that ends a relationship easily and shouts "next" if something is not okay. But I just wanted to point out that people often stay in relationships and hold on to something that is not there anymore, and that's not always healthy.

Oooooh and this got longer than expected...

But whatever may happen: I really which you the best and lots of happiness :slight_smile: