1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can everyone's sexuality and orientation be fluid?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wandergirl, May 23, 2015.

1. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi guys,

I started to come out at age 22 (2 years ago) and since then I decided to get involved with women only, since what i feel for them is a lot stronger than for guys, romantically and sexually (oh yeah!). And I realized it's more related to not getting along well with men in general.

But these past 2 years, I actually wasn't able to establish something real with any of my 3 "gfs", neither with my many failed dates. It's like i don't fit in as a lesbian girlfriend, though i never did anything bad to any of them. And it makes me really frustrated i can't have a romantic life and a girlfriend.

I know a lot of guys who like me and hit on me but i'm not interested in any of them. But there's this other guy who is really really nice and i think it could lead to something if i let him. so I started questioning If i could ever be attracted to him, since he seems more interested in me than all these girls i've met till now. I've been in a relationship with a boy for 2 years, when i was about 18, and that was my only real relationship in life.

Right now i can't picture myself involved with guys, but do you think it could be different if i see it with different eyes? Or is it more likely me to be only GAY and not bisexual?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Can everyone's sexuality be fluid? HELL no

Can yours be fluid without you knowing thus far? It's a possibility!

3. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

Agree with previous poster

the keyword is EVERYONE.
    so the answer is going to be NO.
    for some people it might be fluid and can shift very frequently
    for some people like me its as solid as a rock

4. blurryface

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As said by others, not everyone's sexual orientation will be fluid but yours can be. I find that my sexuality is very fluid and I identify as bisexual. I became much more comfortable with myself and my sexuality once I considered my sexuality as sliding scale rather than a set boundary. I kept wondering if I was a lesbian, bi, straight etc. but one day I decided that I was whatever I was. I adopted the 'I like who I like' attitude and stopped trying to analyse every thought or feeling I had for someone and just went with it and if I liked guys? Great! If I liked girls? Awesome! It made me more comfortable and made me over think less but to some people sexual orientation isn't fluid and they do just like guys or do just like girls. Sometimes I go through times when I feel like I completely like females and sometimes I like guys more than girls but I can be sexually and romantically attracted to both, just do what makes you happy :slight_smile:

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not everyone sexuality can be fluid, however some people experience this fluidity more than others, while some might not be experiencing it at all.

I do for sure.

6. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Not everyone's sexuality is fluid. Even if it is somewhat fluid, you don't control *how* it shifts and changes. It's not a choice no matter how much you wish it to be one way or another. Just be open to your feelings as they come and try not to get hung up on fitting into a certain label. It's really not something you can control.

7. squirrelmax

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Who do you see yourself with when you think long term? Also I dated men first and found myself fantasizing about women while we were having sex. Also when realizing I was a lesbian I noticed that when I would masturbate I was always thinking about women. Just something to think about. I mean the scenarios are you date the guy and end up liking women or you date the guy and like him. Kissing for me was also big...kissing a girl felt right whereas kissing a guy was blah. Good luck:slight_smile: