1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To bi or to lesbian? That is the question.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Deathsinger, May 23, 2015.

1. Deathsinger

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have now been an out to everyone bisexual for two years. Back when I was a little girl, I already had started showing interest for only girls. Unlike the children my age, I wanted to marry the princess and was terribly jealous of the prince. I even asked some of my kindergarten classmates to be my princess sometimes. Funny isn't it? So now I am rather confused. I have a strong lesbian preference, to the point that I haven't been showing a single interest for boys for more than three months now. I am more than single, yet I've only been dying to have a girlfriend. Which means even if a guy I liked asked me out I'd say no. I truly don't know how to take this, I think I am losing my heterosexual side and going back to my little girl self. Yet I am kind of scared, I have already been hardly dealing with my bisexuality, since I live in a muslim country (thank you morocco) where homosexuality is considered illegal and taboo. I've had one girlfriend, and it was pretty disappointing, yet I feel like I am completely turning homo.
    I honestly have no idea what to think about this.

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel the exact same way girl. I too came out as a queer girl meaning I feel that I can love anyone regardless of gender but I too am more interested in dating a girl. Don't worry, although it can be true that you are a lesbian this isn't necessarily the case. You may just be experiences feelings for girls exclusively but this doesn't mean you will always feel that way. The future is uncertain, and you may not see yourself with a man right now but you may in 30 years. How would you know? Now if you only date females and never date a man again then it's safe to say you are a lesbian and that is totally cool. I know this isn't going to sound great but you need to not worry about your label as much and start listening to your heart instead. Remember, labels can empower and help us understand ourselves but only if they take into consideration how complex we are as humans. Stay true to yourself and I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile: x

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well bisexuality can be fluid so it maybe that in time your desire shifts towards guys again. I think you should try not to worry and I wouldn't worry about changing your label, who knows what I'll happen in the future.

4. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Remember that sexuality is not something you sign up for, it's not a life-long contract that we sign and then that's it. So I wouldn't worry too much how you label yourself. If men don't do it for you then I wouldn't date one obviously. Only date someone if it feels right for the both of you. Also be safe!!!