1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my friend came out to me and I like him

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kailee2189, May 25, 2015.

1. kailee2189

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I met this guy 5 months ago at work. We instantly clicked. We started hanging out every day, texting everyday, going to the gym together. It didn't take very long before I started to have feelings for him. I think about him a lot, and I always look forward to his calls and texts. Recently he told me (very reluctantly) he used to be in a relationship with a guy. It was very hard for him, and I am the only person in his life he has told this. He was still hung up on this guy. I did not tell him that I liked him or that I was bisexual, I just couldn't. I am not out to anyone. Now once in a while he tells me about his problems with his ex, and more recently he started seeing someone else who he is kind of crazy about. I don't mind being there to give him relationship advice, I always wanna be there for him no matter what, even if it breaks my heart a little to see him going to someone else. I don't think I have enough confidence yet to confide in him my feelings. There are definitely hints there I might like him though, I mean we text every day (we no longer work together) and spend copious amounts of time together. I'm always stealing glances at him every chance I get. Oh man, I just don't know what to do

2. bi2me

Could you mention a guy you think is cute/hot? Even just a celeb? That might be a way to ease in...
    Is he seeing a guy or a girl?

3. Schloss

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. That sentence made me fall for you. Words of a true gentleman. :wink: I don't think anybody telling you what to do in this case will help too much because eventually you're going to do what you're convinced is right. This could make one hell of a good Youtube web series tho. :thumbsup:

4. kailee2189

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bi2me, his ex was a guy and the person he is currently seeing now is also a guy. He just met him a few weeks ago but he is already developing really strong feelings for this person as well. I see him getting hurt because he is too open about his feelings with the people he falls for and they end up taking advantage of him. All I can really tell him is to be careful and to be strong.

Schloss thank you so much! Your post was very sweet. It really is the way I feel... it kind of sucks to be in my position but I as of right now I really don't know what the right thing to do would be. I mean telling him I'm Bisexual doesn't seem like too big of a deal for the simple fact that I now know he is into guys. But letting him know I have feelings for him could really change the dynamic of our friendship. For one, there is a possibility he just doesn't see me as anything more than a friend and it could make things weird between us. I love our relationship and I love having him in my life, but I know that if I confessed my feelings and he didn't feel the same way, both our attitudes would change. He might see me in a different light, and I don't know if I could handle a friendship with such a blatant rejection from someone I have feelings for. Before it was easier, I had a crush on a straight guy so it was practical to think nothing would ever happen. Now I know he likes guys, but he doesn't know I like guys too. And even if I did tell him that, he might not like me that way which would hurt me as well. Oh man life is hard. I value his friendship so much, and I would love for something more to happen, but it could all end in disaster if I let him know I have feelings for him.

5. Debora

Debora Guest

Hello :wink:
    I understand your feelings, nobody knows about you and you're afraid of that.
    That's very noble from you, you want to be a friend for him everytime he needs one, even if that can make you suffer, but think seriously: what's better, wondering, suffering and feeling jeaolusy or make the other person happy when you hold his hand? Try, if he doesn't feel the same as you, you can forget him, be a real friend for him (I'm not syaing you're not honest or sincere with him, but you don't feel only friendship for him) and you won't suffer anymore, because believe me, more the friendzone go on and much more painful it will be. And then you never know, he can make you know other friends and other guys :wink: