1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsurprisingly, I'm confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Thebazixel, May 26, 2015.

1. Thebazixel

I'll try to make this quick so your eyes don't ache, but I'm kinda very confused and any help would be really appreciated.

So, at the moment, I just sort of identify as queer/grey. Girls are definitely more my thing, but some guys are cute too (the less buff ones; slightly - but not overly - feminine), and I don't feel the need to screw anyone. Ever. Just... I don't? And romance only sometimes? My version of a crush is a sort of overwhelming desire to be a person's friend.... The idea of kissing seems nice, but it's not something I feel like I'd do to a guy. Girl, maybe. I don't know what's going on in my brain... Just..... Blegh

Help? Anybody know what I'm talking about? Any advice? It's very VERY fristrating :bang:

---------- Post added 26th May 2015 at 10:13 PM ----------

Just to clarify, because typos and fear of murky interpretations

Kissing guys I DON'T want to do
    Frustrating
    I don't understand the need to screw another person; it doesn't seem appealing

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My only thought would be that you just aren't attracted (sexually) to anyone and that may change or may not. You may also be bi-romantic but lean more towards girls. The best idea is to not rush into figuring things out as you are so young. I know its aggravating but you should take your time and not let it take over your life. I let it take over my life before and it wasn't pretty. I would just stay open minded and hope that the answer comes sooner. I hope you figure it out soon. Good luck :slight_smile: x

3. Thebazixel

Thanks; I guess the feeling of not knowing is just really frustrating

4. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    there are so many different combinations of identity, sexuality, attraction etc. it could take quite a while to figure out where you fall on all these scales...and perhaps it even changes throughout the years (? or maybe people just become more aware of things throughout years, not that it necessarily changes, not sure on that one.)

Anyways - have you seen the Genderbread Person?? I recommend googling "genderbread person v3" (the most up to date one) it gives a separated scale for identity, attraction (romantic and sexual), expression, and sex. so you could be (for example) woman identity, female biological sex, mixed expression, sexually attracted to no one, and romatically attracted to both men and women (slightly more so women).

there are infinite possibilities on these scales. i thought that image nicely displays it all though and hepled me figure out where exactly i swayed in one direction. it's also a GREAT tool (i find) to explain all of this to hetero friends/family. a lot of people have a hard time seeing the disconnect between identity, expression, and attraction.

All in all though, you're young! i know it's a bit frustrating, but there's no need to force a "label" on yourself right now. :slight_smile:

5. Thebazixel

Thanks, again :grin: