1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hugging a friend of the opposite sex

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GatoAzul, May 26, 2015.

1. GatoAzul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been questioning myself for a while, but recently I had been coming to the conclusion that I'm definitely leaning more towards women, possibly enough to call myself lesbian. I have only ever come out as questioning though. So the thing is, recently a male friend of mine has been hugging me quite a bit and I kind of feel turned on by it, but once he turned to look at me I looked away because I thought there is no way I could kiss him - so now I'm confused. If I was turned on by hugging him does that not mean I was attracted to him? Does this mean I'm more bi than lesbian?

2. bi2me

I think that sometimes, touch just feels good. You might also need to be really good friends w someone male to feel turned on. That might not be true for females.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there was one time where I held a girls hand and I got an erection. Still wondering what that means, but it probably doesn't mean anything lol.

4. juliegt6

It could just be the touch or the emotional but not necessarily romantic connection. Sometimes stuff just feels good.

5. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have hugged some girls and felt a deep connection of comfort with them, but not necessarily a romantic connection.

Some hugs with people can be very weird and awkward, but some hugs can feel really really nice.

6. GatoAzul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the replies, which all seem to be in agreement!

It's actually happened again though, he was hugging me and then asked if he could kiss me. I said I'd never kissed anyone before, so he tried and then basically I didn't respond so he pulled away, and I then had a panic attack... I haven't had a panic attack in years. We spoke about it and he said it's just one of those things and while he is happy to go further he won't if I don't want to. Maybe the same thing would happen if it was a girl, I don't know. If I'm going to have a panic attack I don't know if I can ever kiss anyone though:icon_sad: