1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I get over a crush?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by emmadances, May 26, 2015.

1. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry if this is really boring and cheesy.
    I think I have a crush on this teacher at my schoo, and this is the first crush I've ha, so I'm not sure if it even is a crush.
    I.didn't really expect my crush to be a woman, but she's so great and really funny. I can't really do anything about this because it is a teacher, and an adulT. I would like to get over it though because I think about her quite a lot. I also see her 4 days a week because she teaches me. I'm kinda confused about this. It's not really a problem at the moment it's nice, but distracting.....
    Thanks
    Xxx

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just enjoy the crush:slight_smile: The fact that it's your first is kind of special and yes it can be very intense because all these new feelings are surfacing. Eventually it will lessen. You can't really will yourself to get over someone.

3. juliegt6

+1. Enjoy the crush. Explore your fantasies, but I don't know if it needs to be said, don't act on them with her!

This will pass but maybe your next crush will be actionable...

4. shelleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find the best way to get over a crush is to express your feelings in a medium that feels right to you. For me, it's writing that helps me the most. It allows me find some closure in those one sided crushes (of which you will have many) that start to become more harmful than cute. Yeah, enjoy the fact that you have learned a little bit about what you find attractive, whether it be her intellect, looks, or humor, because knowing that is really important. But get those thoughts out of your mind and release them on paper or canvas, or write a song or, hell, organize your socks by Game of Thrones house colors if that makes you feel better. Just do whatever helps you feel centered, it doesn't matter as long as you're not internalizing those feelings. Posting on here is actually a great start.

5. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people

---------- Post added 27th May 2015 at 01:39 AM ----------

---------- Post added 27th May 2015 at 01:41 AM ----------

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

6. juno14

Just enjoy it, don't worry about it at all :slight_smile: talk to your friends about it and write a diary or something, that might help :slight_smile: xxx

7. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people

8. anon991

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From my experiences, trying to get over a crush makes you think more about the person so just relax and don't worry about getting over it