1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when you realised your oriemtation....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unicornswag, May 27, 2015.

1. Unicornswag

Did you really want to have a relationship, to make sure that you are right? Or just to simply see if you like it?
    Thats what I currently feel, I just really want to date a girl, for many reasons... I hate kmowing the 'only time can tell' because i just want it to happen now... im fed up :frowning2:

Just felt like getting that off my chest.

---------- Post added 27th May 2015 at 04:02 PM ----------

Also, sorry for the spelling... :S

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well now that I realized that I'm gay, I am looking for a relationship now. However, prior to accepting my orientation, I did not want a relationship with a guy simply because I was not ready yet.

It took me a year to get where I am now. As much as I hate telling you, it does indeed take time.

3. Lyana

Hi Unicornswag!

You may hate me for saying this, but seeking a relationship for the sake of having a relationship isn't always a great idea. When you find someone you're into, and you get into a relationship (whether it's purely sexual, or also emotional), that's worthwhile. But if it's someone you're not that into, but you just really wanted a relationship, it won't be as great an experience. It won't even be telling as to your sexuality -- it's totally possible to not enjoy a kiss or a relationship with a specific person, without it being related to their gender.

It's not really a question of "time," but of meeting someone to have that relationship with. There's no rush, it will come.

To answer your questions, no -- I was sure of myself, without needing to experiment with either gender.

4. Unicornswag

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

5. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can totally empathize with you. Since I realized that I was gay, I would like to try being in a relationship with a guy. I understand your frustration.

6. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    i'm in the exact same position as you - it's just frustrating waiting to be in a relationship with a girl to see if i'm right about my orientation. but i feel like until i do that i just wont know for sure.

7. Unicornswag

Glad some people are in the same boat as me... Thought I was just strange xD

8. TheStormInside

Strangely for me it's been the opposite. Wanting a relationship is what helped me realize I'm gay. I don't really feel like I need to be with a woman to prove I like women, though it would be nice to have confirmation I'm pretty sure of those feelings at this point. I do sometimes think I should try to be with another guy or two to prove I'm *not* interested in men, which I realize is a little crazy and not something I plan to intentionally pursue. But in that sense I guess I do understand what you mean about wanting confirmation of feelings (or lack thereof).