1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am I asexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by emmadances, May 27, 2015.

1. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, sorry for posting again.
    I thought I might be gay, because I like girls more than boys, and have no attraction towards boys. I think I am attracted to girlS. But tbh I don't really know. I find the idea of sex gross and terrifying. Also, in movies and stuff, I always look away, instinctively when people kiss.
    I find girls cute, but not sure if it's in a sexual way. I'm 15 btw and I've never kissed anyone before. This is gonna sound kind of stupid, but when you are attracted to someone sexually , what does it mean, how is it different from a crush?
    I also have anxiety so I don't know if that has anything to do with being kinda scared of sex.
    Thanks
    Xxx

2. Miko

Miko Guest

I'd say from the sounds of it you appreciate the female form but may not necessarily be attracted to it. I'm a lesbian but I can appreciate the male form, I just don't wanna do anything sexual with it in the slightest.

You could be asexual from the sounds of it, with you being 15 it could be that your sexuality hasn't fully come through yet, just wait it out and see. :slight_smile:

To answer your question, when I crush on a girl it's because I'm in love with her personality and appearance, sexual attraction is just based on appearance, not personality. That's just me though, everyone is different. ^^

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's highly unlikely you're asexual. The anxiety is almost certainly impacting your sexual attraction.

Honestly, given the anxiety and your age, I wouldn't worry too much right now about labeling or identifying your sexual orientation. As you work on the anxiety and get a little bit older, I think things will likely become a lot more clear.

I know that probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but it's near impossible to get a clear read with the confusion introduced by the anxiety.

4. juno14

I'm 15 too and also very grossed out by gay or straight sex, and I'm pretty sure I'm not asexual although obviously I might be. Anyway, what I mean is most kids find sex gross so we probably just haven't developed to like it yet since 15 is still almost a kid. I can relate to this so can't give good advice, I also have no idea what attraction is supposed to feel like. Sorry this is like the least helpful post ever :')