1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish I could get rid of my sexual and romantic urged/Castraton

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dreamer2891, May 27, 2015.

1. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know Castration is illegal etc, and all the side effects blah blah, But I wish there was a 'pill' I could take to take away both my sexual and romantic urges.

firstly I must point out I have no feelings of shame over my sexuality - I'm complety accepting of being gay, i would hate to me straight in fact!

BUT

I find my sexual urges and romantic feelings SO distracting, there like these uncontrollable forces within myself, that cause so much time wasting behaviour

for example, my sexal urges will make me surf the web for hours and hours and/or hang out in chat rooms waiting for someone to say say something that might turn me on.

and my romantic urges will make me spend hours searching dating apps and websites, looking at pictures of men, lamenting, daydreaming, yearning, feeling emotional etc.

The thing is I'be got the beginnings of a Career I love, lots of interests and hobbies, so I'm far from depressed......BUT I can't help thinking I'd be s much more motivated and productive if I was free from these distracting emotions - which probably take up 60% of my mindspace in any one day.

I truly believe I could live really happily sexless and single, involved in my hobbies, doing my thing lovin' life etc.....If only I could ACCEPT it.

and before people say 'you need to get out more and meet people' - I do interact with enough people in my life, I have a full enough schedule - AND

I don't WANT real sex OR a relationship - so my emotions and fantasies etc only exhist in a fantasy realm that does nothing to further my life - in fact it just getting in the way.

has anyone else felt that they could wish they could stop caring and feeling for a relationship or feeling horny?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi dreamer2891, welcome to EC!

May I suggest that there are possibly two different issues here? One is your general sexual appetite, which seems, to put it mildly, "healthy", and your distractibility around that theme through various internet-related sources of delight, or frustration.

I think this is the issue, your inability to focus, which may have a psychological cause. Can you seek professional help for this problem?

3. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Thanks - you are Correct, I have been formally diagnosed with Adult ADHD, (although had it since childhood) - and focus therefore is naturally a difficult task, and is hard to manage, as I have adverse effects to the medication that is intended to help.

I also identify as HSP (highly sensitive person) which again has always been part of me, the biggest factor being is that I need so many hours alone each day/ week - and it's me time, and I live a very 'internal' and imaginative life....which is a wonderful blessing..... and curse.

The reason I don't have real sex or relationships is, as a HSP - they are 'too much' for me. sex is SOOO stressful in so many ways....I can't begin to explain (mainly because your dealing 110% with yourself but also that of another person.....OVERLOAD!

and as for a r'ship - i could only do it if i was a house-husband i think.... alone all day, attention to them in the evening, but as it has....I've chosen my Career.... I spend my day with great people I love..... but come the evening....Thats it! enough people - I couldn't have an r'ship too.

and hense why my sexual and romantic emotions are Surplus to my requirements really.