1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Alb12, May 28, 2015.

1. Alb12

Hi, so I'm 17 and I've never been in a relationship but i don't feel any sexual attraction towards people. I've had crushes and stuff but I'm not really into the idea of having sex or doing anything remotely sexual. I don't know if I'm asexual or if it's just nothing but yeah I'm just slightly confused.

2. Synthetik

All that really matters in this situation is that you don't feel pressured to 'try out' any kind of sexual activity unless you are ready and comfortable. You may develop sexual attractions later, as you age and meet new people, or you might simply never experience the desire to express your 'crushes' in a sexual way-- it's hard to say for sure, because these things can change over time, and sometimes you might even surprise yourself with how you'll feel down the road.

I think the important thing to focus on right now is making sure that you are comfortable with how you feel, regardless of whether those feelings are sexual or not, and don't worry about trying to push yourself into making some kind of definitive decision about yourself just yet. I know it can be comforting to find the 'right' label, because it gives you a sense of direction for your identity and may even help you feel like you belong to a community, but sometimes struggling to fit into a label can cause worry or stress. Focus on getting to know yourself instead, and when you feel that you truly understand the parts of you that fit into a certain category, it will feel easy to call yourself by the right terms that express who you are. Ultimately, that's the goal of using any label-- it makes communicating facts about yourself to other people easier. Right now, the facts are what's important, not the terms that describe them.