1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell being gay is not a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by juno14, May 28, 2015.

1. juno14

Guess what, I came up with yet another thread! Are y'all sick of me yet? :eusa_danc
    Basically, when I was younger I'd go through loads of phases, like one month I'd be like 'omg I want to be an actor!! I'm gonna do everything I can to achieve this!' and another month I'd be like 'omg I have social anxiety! This explains my whole life!!!' etc etc and then I'd realize I was just making the stuff up cos I was bored or whatever. I don't know how to tell if thinking I'm gay/bi is just another of these phases or not. I've been questioning about a month and a half now and I'm worried soon I'll just be like 'oh yeah another phase, I'm totally straight'. Advice? Thanks :icon_bigg:smilewave

2. bi2me

Hang with the questioning. It's always possible you are having a curious phase, but I think sexuality is more deeply rooted than career choices, etc. asking questions, safely exploring in what actions /with whom you are interested can help too. Give yourself time, and as many of us have found, our sexuality has fluidity embedded in it. My libido overall and specific to men and women had ebbed and flowed over the years.

3. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, if you're bi, you should have feelings for both sexes. Do you want to kiss a girl? Do you feel attraction towards women? Do you feel attraction towards men?

If you're pan, it is more likely that you fall for a person, because of his/hers personality and you don't mind what they have in their pants. You don't mind that they might be FTM or MTF trans or you don't even mind that they are intersexuals.

So if you think you would like to kiss a girl, or get more intimate with girls, and if you still feel attraction towards men, there is a change that you are bisexual or a pansexual.
    If you think that this is just a phase, you should just take your time and think about this.The answer will come in some point.

I hope, that I could've help in some way :slight_smile:

4. juno14

Thank you very much, this is really helpful and thanks for replying so quick :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th May 2015 at 12:22 PM ----------

Thanks, this helps a lot and it's really useful to have all the terms and stuff written out, thank you :slight_smile: