1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An accidental find in someone's home

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tightrope, May 29, 2015.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds like snooping, but it wasn't.

I went out of town. A friend who normally put me up was not able to. However, a mutual friend was going out of town themselves and their apartment was available, and consented to my using it.

I got the key, slept on the couch, and used the bathroom in the evening and in the morning. I did not cook in this person's apartment. I got my food elsewhere.

Before going off to bed, or to the sofa, I brushed my teeth, took my meds, and then proceeded to throw something into the little trash bin under the bathroom vanity. I opened it up and saw a cardboard box in there. In it were various items but there was also what was obviously a butt plug. I didn't touch it, closed the bathroom vanity doors, and went to bed. I did take another look at it the next day to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It wasn't something I expected to see. When I have offered my place to people when I've been out of town, I scour it beforehand to move around a few things - they'd probably be regular magazines or brochures with one too many of my "type" as shown in the "saw a hot guy" thread ... and clothed.

It did not change how I view this person or how I interact with this person. He's just a regular, stocky guy with a regular job and a very laid back, humble personality. He has had some substance abuse issues and comes from a family with a lot of fighting in it among siblings. He has had some unrequited attractions for women that were not reciprocated. I can't get into a person's head, so I don't know what transpired. He has never married and hasn't been in a relationship for a long time. We have periodically gotten together to go get something to eat.

Is there any correlation between the presence of a butt plug and a guy's sexual orientation?

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think that would be a clear indication of sexual orientation. For example, I know of some lesbians that enjoy being penetrated by a dildo but they are in no way attracted to men. It's just a pleasure thing. Hope I helped >.<

3. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    could just have gas.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe he likes anal stimulation? That alone has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

5. Synthetik

Maybe he left it there intentionally in the hopes that you would discover his little secret and SWEEP HIM OFF HIS FEET
    /end bad romcom

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a fair number of straight guys who are comfortable with anal play. But there are also probably more gay men who like anal play.

The problem is, you can't (or shouldn't) say anything.

So there isn't a whole lot you can really do with this information.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was a while back. I didn't say anything. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. It would also make me look like a snoop.

Thanks for the information. I guess it's just a quirk of his and something that is inconclusive. It doesn't change that he's a good acquaintance.

And it makes sense. I assumed heterosexual couples would never engage in anal intercourse, yet some do. I know of one lady who sheepishly admitted while we were all sitting around the campfire (true) that she had tried it with her macho Latino husband from whom she is now divorced because he was too controlling. He was indeed.

---------- Post added 30th May 2015 at 08:17 AM ----------

I think I'll pass. I'd sweep his apartment before I'd sweep him off his feet.