1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossdressers

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kellynec, May 31, 2015.

1. kellynec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is liking crossdressers (male in female clothes) in terms of being able to get off to them (online) gay? I mean it's basically men, so....

2. josh91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ah, crossdressers huh? Everyone has an opinion on whether getting off to one makes you gay. Some say since they look like women if a man gets off to a crossdresser he is straight. But then again crossdressers really are men so you might be gay. Crossdressers blur the lines of sexuality, don't they? Well let me give you my perspective. It is all in what gender you make a crossdresser in your mind. If the crossdresser is covered down there but you mentally undress them and give them a vagina then I would say that you are straight. If you accept that they have a penis in your mind but you still think of them as a woman or a trans-woman then you’re entering a grey area where you might be bisexual or maybe you are straight and you're just not transphobic, good for you! Now if you imagine them with a penis and you consider them to be a man, you might be like me and have a thing for feminine men. I don't like masculine men by the way, but I still consider myself bisexual because I like masculine women and male identified people with androgynous or feminine personalities and appearances. But you may only like men who are feminine, that's okay; if they identify themselves as a man and you identify yourself as a man then you are gay. To me gender expression isn’t important, only gender identity matters when labeling oneself.

3. aleemaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thats interesting because I'm the latter, I like feminine men although not crazy about crossdressers as many are not convincing, prefer men who are just fem. But I also like to crossdress myself and be the feminine man for the pleasure of a masculine men. Would that make me bi? It's all very confusing!:confused:

4. josh91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    From what you said here I would say that you are gay. You didn't mention anything about women, only that you like feminine men and that sometimes you like to be a feminine man to appeal to masculine men.

Only going off of gender identity and not gender expression as I think that people should when labeling their sexuality, you are a man who only is attracted to men therefore you are gay. Of course if you have attractions toward women that you didn't share in this post or you are questioning your gender identity then you might be something else, but based on what you wrote you are probably gay.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would think it depends: are you into them because they're physically male, or because of their feminine exterior? The majority of gay men I've talked to have zero interest in cross dressers (along with trans women, and even feminine cis men), and those who are tend to be bisexual, usually bisexual leaning straight.

Of course, I have heard of men who use cross dressers as a "starting point" when they're not comfortable with their sexuality (the idea is that they can "pretend" to be into women, when they're really into the male body). I don't think this happens often, since closeted gay men usually go straight from women to men.

And then there are those of us who care less about what genitalia or set of chromosomes a person has!

6. aleemaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thats interesting. I never thought that gay men aren't turned on by fem men. I do find muscle men attractive but more in a sexual way, being taken by one. But I'm more cerebral so its often the fem intelligent men that really turn me on. I am still attracted to womens bodies but not as much emotionally as men. Sometimes I envy pretty girls in the sense of wanting to get their attention from men but maybe that just makes me a narcissist! I'm just confused sadly :icon_sad:

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Crossdressers are men, so in my opinion yes. I mean what about all the straight and bi women that are exclusively attracted to crossdressers and not masculine men at all? Most of them wouldn't consider themselves lesbians, and I'm a lesbian that is only attracted to a masculine gender expression- I'm not straight.

I think "straight men" generally have more hangups with their sexuality as they are not allowed to explore it, and that's where the confusion for them comes in.

8. Tasmin58

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started by crossdressing and was lucky that my wife at the time supported it and got turned on by it, she was bi too. I now know that it was inner girl screaming for attention even though I did not know it at the time, but I did know I liked guys. It turns out I am more into trans people or cd's than men, but I do like women a lot and am currently trying to start a relationship with one. I would say do not define yourself until you have followed your curiosity (to be polite) my situation was way more complicated than I thought at first, I just thought I was a bi-guy with a fem angle. I believe I am bigendered/androgynous having done several tests. Just came out as bi to a mate and he was cool about it. ~~#~~

9. aleemaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You're right, crossdressing women or their admirers don't get tagged as straight in the same way men do. I know I'm not straight but I do have an attraction for women. The thing is the attraction is often one of admiration or in the case of sex wanting to be her. I do enjoy hetero sex but it's not fulfilling if that makes sense. Ironically I'm much more picky with men but the ones I find attractive are a huge turn-on. I agree that men are more restricted as being fem is so looked down on.

---------- Post added 2nd Jun 2015 at 08:40 AM ----------

I never even considered being bi-gendered. I have no interest in gender reassignment nor do I feel like a woman inside but sexually I want to be the woman. I want to have a shaved body and option to wear makeup. You're lucky your wife was ok with the exploration, I don't know if mine would. I have a stronger desire for gay sex than you do and I really want to sleep with men. I enjoy the sex more but there is something about being with a woman I wouldn't want to lose, the feminine behaviour I love. Men even gay men who are masculine often make me uncomfortable.