1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please tell me that it's a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by neverhome, Jun 1, 2015.

1. neverhome

neverhome Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've kind of liked girls since I was 10. I don't really know what normal 'like' is but I've definitely pined over around 5 girls since I was young. And I've wanted to date and kiss all of them. With no avail.

I really hope that these feelings can be phases because if not then that will probably ruin my life forever. I don't want to be gay or bi because my dad's not really into the whole 'LGBTQ+' thing and my mum's said a lot of things in the past that have unintentionally hurt me a lot. She says she has gay friends but whenever something LGBT related pops on the TV, she immediately changes the channel and she basically yelled at me because I mentioned about Ellen marrying Portia.

I'm not out to either one of them because I still have hope that I may end up straight. Thing is, my mind can't imagine me ending up with a guy and all the dreams I've had had girls in them. I just want to be normal and live a normal life. :icon_sad:

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You unfortunately cannot force your sexuality or gender to change by wishing it too... Believe me I tried.

Being normal is overrated anyway. You are special and unique. Don't be ashamed of who you are or who you like. You can still have a great life, and get married, and have kids... even if it's not with the classical type. There is someone out there who will love you for you. Don't lose hope for your future.

3. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey never home I think we all struggle with wanting to be straight since it is easier. However as Rhys says you cannot force your sexuality. Try watching kaelyn and Lucy and see just how much of a normal life you can have been a lesbian. This not wanting to be gay is the whole reason for people being "in the closet" as they says. Anyways you have a friend in me regardless of your sexual orientation, because who you love is your choice and no one can take that away from you.

4. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with both posts above.

It's going to be struggle, it doesn't matter which way you slice it. However, once you begin to accept who you are, chances are others will too. My mom is accepting enough of me. My best friend came out to her parents (who are extremely religious). Her mom was supportive and her father told her that he loved her and then apologized for any comments he may have made in the past.

My main point of this is to accept who you are. You don't need to figure it all out right away.

5. Inis Aeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you suffer when you listen someone talling you that LGBTQI people are sick/anormal, maybe is because you'd like being accepted for what you are.

I think you actually know what's your orientation, but your family gives you a twisted point of view about being gay, so you can't really understand what you make fall in love.

Maybe your gay, perhaps bi, maybe your straight... but, in this situation, you can't figure it out clearly, neither forced your sexual orientation just because it's not "normal" for the rest of the world.

It's not easy accept our self, but you have to be strong and be able to love you first

6. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't try to be who you're not. I had tried to be "normal" before but still end up as my real self in the end.