1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know if I'm straight or bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by quirkynmad, Jun 2, 2015.

1. quirkynmad

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm 17 and I've never been in a relationship. My friends and I have always said that I'm straight but I'm confused and think I may be bisexual. I have had crushes on boys but I've don't think I've had crushes on girls, from what I can remember. I think it's because every girl I've met, except one, are straight and the girl that isn't has a girlfriend and I find her more as a friend than anything else. However I've found both guys and girls attractive, physically and emotionally. Also, when I masturbate, I picture/imagine both sexes and, even though I've never been with anyone, I can picture myself in a relationship with either gender. Also, I find personality the top on my list when looking for someone because I wouldn't like to date a d*ckhead!! I don't know what my sexual orientation is because I'm inexperienced. Can you please help me? :help:

2. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and welcome! It's possible you are bi-sexual and it's absolutely okay to be unsure! You could be experimenting with your sexuality, especially at the age of 17 a lot of these things start to happen. I was 17 when I first started to realize I liked both boys and girls.
    Don't worry too much about trying to label it right now. Just go with where your heart takes you! :slight_smile:

3. quirkynmad

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi. Thankyou for replying. I just like to define myself so I have an explanation for my thoughts and behaviour in a way. It's probably why I really into astrology... It's a weird thing about me. I think I'll try not to label myself but it's going to be difficult :confused:

4. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally understand! Maybe try building friendships with some women who are lgbt and see if you can relate to them? It's a good start:icon_bigg

5. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    quikynmad I just posted this to another person on ECs platform. It applies to you tool.

=============
    You gave a piece of important information. You are a teen. You've got to experiment and explore to figure what you like. Putting a label on yourself is in my opinion counter productive. And it sounds like you are emotionally leveraging this label.

Learning of your sexuality is akin to learning to walk. Think of it this way. You are a baby still mostly crawling all over the place, you know as babies do. But you ask yourself am I a marathon runner? Really you are a baby, still crawling and you are trying to figure out if you can run ~26 miles. How logical is that?

Good luck
    =============

The big difference is, you a female. Female are more open to experimentation. This fact has bee researched and documented.

6. Inis Aeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know that feelings, because in the past years a felt attracted to only straight girls too.
    So I didn't have any feedback about my initial "curiosity".
    I thought that a girl should date a guy and I didn't ask to my self if it was true for me.
    Now I'm 21 and I know that I like girls, even if I date a lot of guys before knowing it. But I could understand this shade about my sexuality only when I felt in love with a girl (gay girl) that's now my girlfriends.
    You can do the same.
    I mean, you can fallow your feelings, your intuitions and learn more about you and what you want