1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think That I Might Be Lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MysteriousMadam, Jun 2, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone, long time no see :slight_smile: I hope you're all doing okay. It's June now, wow...
    So I was really thinking about my sexuality. I have identified as bisexual for a while now. I've taken the Kinsey Scale test a lot of times, and I've always gotten #4 which basically means that I'm more homosexual than heterosexual but still pretty bisexual overall. I've never gotten anything other than a 4 and it described me really well. But recently, I've really been thinking that I'm just attracted to girls now :/
    I'm WAY more interested by the female body and I only really feel a connection or "spark" with other girls. I want to feel a connection with other girls too, I'm losing my interest in guys. I still still look at certain boys or be around them, and think that they're really great and all, but I feel like it's pure infatuation, whereas with girls, it can become a crush or genuine feelings. I'm kind of annoyed, I thought I finally figured out what I was and I'm getting confused and conflicted all over again. And I'm still attracted to guys, but it's really nothing like it was before. I feel like it's barely there now.
    Can I have some advice here? What do you think? Can I also hear from bisexuals and lesbians to get their input?

Thanks everyone :grin:

2. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello :slight_smile: i can relate very well - I'm in a very similar situation as i'm just semi recently realizing that I think I might be gay (definitel bi...which I've known for awhile...but lately I realize I'm less and less actually attracted to men.) I have posts titled "wish i realized sooner..." if you want to read some other comments on a similar topic :slight_smile:

I almost always test 5 on Kinsey - however I feel it's misleading to say I'm a Kinsey 5 because ALL my relationships so far have been with men...so that's obviously more than just incententally hetero.

Anyways - I think there's no need for you (or I) to stress over if we're actually gay, or more just bi, until we're more certain. There's no need to put a label on it, in otherwords. I'm more just waiting for when I eventually have a serious relationship with a girl...I think at that point I'll acually be able to compare with my relationships with men and understand if i'm both sexually AND romantically attracted to females more...or what...

3. Inis Aeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Kinsey's study were fundamental to understand the variability of sexuality, but I think that a test can't tell what you are and why you're gay or "just a little bit" straight.

The sexuality is fluid and it can changes during the lifetime, because it isn't only a biological thing, but it's also influenced by other features.

What do YOU feel when you're with a boys or with a girls? Are there any differences?

Anyone can give different answer even if they identify them self as gay or bi.

For example, one year ago I identify as a bisexual girl because I date guys and now I'm in love with a girl. But then I thought that probably this label was too "big" to me, so I started to think about being gay... but...again... I felt this category too "small".

So.. what did I do?

I stopped my thoughts and I continue to live my sexuality and my relationship.

After a wile, I discovered new things about my gayness. "What this word means to me? Why I prefer girls?"
    And I gave to my self the answers, my personal answers, that are different from yours. But it doesn't mean that you are less gay than me, or just bi.

No.

There are few labels, but you can give the meaning, because your sexuality is yours.

So, if now you feel attracted only to woman and you want to definy your self as a Lesbian, where's the problem?
    If you prefer the label "bisexual" because you think that is closer to you, where's the problem? Use it.

#3 Inis Aeer, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  4. Toaddy

I used to think I was bisexual until I noticed that I was lusting after feminine personalities more so than masculine ones. I began to wonder if I was lesbian. It took me a long time but I finally realized that I wasn't attracted to gender at all. I was attracted to people and personality types. So I did some research and found that there was something really close to what I feel called Pansexuality. I don't like labels, (gender or otherwise), but when I really need one it's the one I use because it's the easiest to explain to people.
    I totally agree that sexuality is constantly shifting based on situation and context. I go through phases where I only like girly personalities and others where I lean more towards androgyny. It honestly depends on the day. I wouldn't worry too much. :slight_smile: