1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bisexual or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by blahblahrandom, Jun 6, 2015.

1. blahblahrandom

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi.
    I used to like guys all throughout my childhood (never did anything physical though), but now I'm experiencing attraction to women, and I feel like I might be more comfortable being with a woman than with a man. I don't know, I'm trying to figure it out.

But although someone would assume i'm bisexual from the information i've given, I dunno. The term bisexual just doesn't really feel.. right. Lesbian feels more comfortable. I started experiencing attraction to girls when I was 10, but I didn't realise what it was. I'm 15, by the way.
    Can you be lesbian and still have been attracted to guys in the past? I'll still occasionally see a guy and think he's attractive, but I don't think it goes any deeper than that. I feel like I would be able to relate better to a woman in a relationship, connect deeper on an emotional level.
    It's hard to tell because I've never done anything sexual with EITHER gender.
    But anyway, what's your advice? What do you think?

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexuality is fluid and people often feel attractions to only one gender at a specific period of time. However, because of your young age and social expectations it is just as likely that you felt attraction to men because you believed that you were straight and expected to feel such an attraction. With this in mind, you might as well identify as lesbian for now and if your attraction to men resurfaces sometime in the future change your orientation to bi.