1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual vs. Sensual Attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Epoh, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Epoh

So, I'm a female, and am sexually attracted to women, at least to an extent (though there's some question as to whether I'm romantically attracted to them, but that's a different question for another time, and more one I need to ask myself rather than you guys). It's guys I'm having some inner issues with.
    I can't tell if I'm both romantically and sexually attracted to them (but falling more into gray-sexuality), or just romantically attracted to them. I know that I don't want to actually have sex with a man, and am not turned on by a guy's body in general. I am, however, attracted to how a guy's face looks, and just his general figure, and actually have a crush on a guy that is just based on how he looks and my first impression of him, which is a nice person, which I am eternally attracted to. I don't have the least desire to have sex with him though.
    I don't think this falls under aesthetic attraction, as I've still fantasized about kissing and such, but I've also heard of sensual attraction, so is that just what this is?
    Also, I've grown up and live in a Christian environment, and relationships, let alone sexuality, have pretty much never been brought up, except once by my mom to tell me that I can't date yet, though she never actually said when I can date. So, this environment may lend to some of my reservations of sorts, though I don't believe it lends to all of them. But, then again, I could be wrong since I'm still young and have only started doing some hardcore research a few weeks ago, despite questioning for a year.
    So, I suppose my question really is: How does one tell the difference between sexual and sensual attraction, or even between those and romantic attraction? Is it all about the motives? And if so, how does one actually identify your motives when it comes to such complicated and often hazy things?

#1 Epoh, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015