1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i bi or a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Iknowplaces91, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Iknowplaces91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since i can think, when i grew up there was always the expectation that i'm straight. That was what everyone thougt of me and so i just thought "Yes, you are clearly straight. You like men, that's normal!". Since then i dated a few guys and some of them were really nice and i could really think of starting a relationship. So i did, two or three times. It never was what i expected. I never really was in love and i was like "That's okay. You are not someone who just fell in love. Your feelings have to develope.". After a few months we broke up (every single relationship) and i was sad but not really because i liked him so much, more because "Now i'm alone again.".
    A few years ago i realised for myself that i find girls attractive, too. But i never acted on this feelings cause i didn't want it to be complicated. I always took the safe way for me.
    Now a few weeks from today my best friend confessed that she slept with another girl. It was not what she intented but she doesn't regret it either. Now she know that she is bisexual.
    This openess of her caught me out of guard and since them i'm hunted by my one feelings about other women. I can't stop to think about my failed relationships. I realised that all my attraction to guys were persuaded by friends or myself. But the attraction i feel as i caught myself by looking on a girls neck, as she played with a strand of her hair not a week ago, let me guess... "Okay, you never felt anything like this before when you watch a guy. Maybe you are not only bi. Maybe you're a lesbian... ."
    This thought is really frightening me these days, cause i don't know how to act.
    What do you think?

2. confusedbubble

I was questioning for a while was even engaged to a man, but caught myself having feelings and thoughts about women I fact someone I met through work. it wasn't until I acted on them feelings that I knew what "label" to give myself. I'm bisexual but tend to like women more, however if a hot bloke is around I don't miss a chance to flirt with them. If when you were in these relationships you didn't find them attractive but only enjoyed the company then I'd say you could be lesbian.
    Test the water get yourself to a lgbt meeting or pride event and go with the flow, you only have one life so make the most of it you could even find someone special

3. Iknowplaces91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really would say it's more like this. I really appreciate a good looking guy but i can't say that i find him attractiv... guess it's that easy?!
    I've thought about going to a pride event. =)