1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexual or low sex drive?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mysz, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Mysz

I'm having a hard time distinguishing the two.
    why I'm thinking about asexuality?
    I can't remember the last time I looked at a girl and wanted to sleep with her, or got turned on at all. To clarify: If I crush on a girl, I just want to go on dates, bring her flowers, maybe kiss her, but that's it. But I still fantasize about sex sometimes?
    Can asexuals still like sex? I just don't feel any need to have it: no barely making it home to get pants off after seeing someone I fancy or suspiciously long showers.

I've had a lot of changes to my life this year. I don't know if this is a result of those, or was there all along. :eusa_doh:

#1 Mysz, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you're describing is well within the normal range of normal sexual behavior. At least lf you're using the widely accepted and commonly used definition of asexuality, you aren't asexual. Unfortunately, a small group of people has hijacked the term to mean something it does not.

I think in this case, the changes going on for you are likely having a temporary impact on your sex drive.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I actually agree with Chip on this one. Asexual means no sexual attraction to any gender, ever.

Actually, what you describe is normal behavior to almost all sexuals. The oversexed thing where you need to rush home and take a cold shower is not normal. Most sexuals don't think about or desire sex all the time.

4. Mysz

thank you! I got a little nervous.