1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over-analyzing is not good

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by XenaxGabby, Jun 7, 2015.

1. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This isn't an advice thread but more of a "why did I do this to myself" thread. I remember within the first month of being on EC, I openly admitted that I had some flexibility but still identified as a lesbian, and no one (including myself) thought anything of it. I felt 100% comfortable in my sexuality. My question is why did I suddenly re-question myself?

This is not me asking about how I should identify.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you want the short and sweet answer, here it is:

Life sometimes makes us think about things. Now, whether this is a good or bad type of thinking, that depends. But it can serve as a way to grow, and to better know and cement your identity. You know what you like when you see it, so if anything causes you to double take or wonder, look for what drew you in.

I suspect you being a very curious-minded woman, are going to analyze and question things, and that's fine. It's one thing about you I quite like, because it means you have a great mind.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Maybe you feel like you don't fit in with the lesbian community anymore, since a lot of people are really judgemental there. Or is there some sort of shame involved?

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Kaiser:slight_smile: You are awesome as always!

Falling, I still feel very much a part of it. Yes there probably is still some shame deep down but I'm making progress. I do feel bad about calling myself a lesbian but I don't feel like I'm bisexual. I don't know if that makes sense at all. Sometimes I wish I could come out to people using the Kinsey scale, like in my profile because if people are familiar with it then it's fairly self-explanatory. But the majority of straight people have no idea.

#4 XenaxGabby, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You shouldn't feel bad calling yourself a lesbian if that's what you feel you are. I mean, I'm kinsey 6, but I still feel that 5's are well within the homosexual category. A bisexual would be more so in the 2-4 category (depending on preference).

You might feel some slight attraction to men and I might feel none at all whatsoever, but we're still part of the same label and community, and I feel no one should change that.

6. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks:slight_smile: It's nice to hear someone say that. I guess the one issue I have left is do I tell a future girlfriend or keep it to myself? I believe in being honest but at the same time don't want to be rejected.