1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Sexual Have Less Importance for You?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GypsyButterfly, Jun 9, 2015.

1. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm bi & am married to my best friend (a man). We've been together 18 years. I find both men & women attractive & am interested in both. However, it's more friendship, affection & romance. I do enjoy holding, touching & especially, kissing. I don't care much for penetration. I've never even worn a tampon (I know, tmi). There are different aspects of sexuality I do enjoy (will leave that tmi for another time, lol). I certainly enjoy discussing fetishes & fantasies. It's more of an intellectual stimulation for me. If passion is part of it, fine. It's not necessarily something I seek out. It hasn't always been this way. Different circumstances, for example, have shaped that. Maybe, down the road, I'll feel something else. For now, it works.

2. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't care much for penetrative sex either and I hate using tampons.

In my case I can't help wondering if I would enjoy being with a woman since I haven't enjoyed sex with men. Though I have enjoyed cuddling and kissing with men so maybe that's not what's going on.

But regardless, if it works for you, that's great. Everyone has different needs.

3. bi2me

I do enjoy penetrative sex, at least with my husband - I've never been with another guy. My bff and I used to talk about that... We decided we might miss that a lot if we were in ss relationships (this was before we knew about the plethora of "marital" aids out there).

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Penetration is just one small part of sex. A lot of women don't like it.

5. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the responses. I do like penetration with my husband.
    We're best friends & have a deeper connection than I've ever had with anyone else. So, that particular intimacy is actually enjoyable with him. Various health issues have kept us from doing certain things. Or, at least, less often. As I mentioned, I enjoy talking about different erotic interests. I find a satisfaction that way, even more sometimes, than actually doing it. As long as I & my dh find what works for us, that's what matters.

6. bi2me

Absolutely! The more I learn about people and their preferences, the more variety there seems to be in style, length of activity, time between, preferred acts, etc.