1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicting Romantic & Sexual Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kyatakushi, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Kyatakushi

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never done something like this before, so I'll just get to the point. My mind is twisted in knots about how I can be romantically attracted to someone regardless of their gender identity, but not sexually attracted in the same manner. The problem is that I'm romantically attracted to a trans guy, and while I don't see him as a sexual partner I still have feelings for him. :bang: I'm extremely confused right now, so any advice on how I should proceed is welcome.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry; you're definitely not the only one who feels this way. I personally am romantically attracted to men, women, and nonbinary people but I am only sexually attracted to women and other feminine people. It can be confusing to figure out how to make it work, but it's not a weird way to feel.

Sex doesn't have to be something you talk about right away in a relationship. If you were to be in a relationship with this guy, it can be romantic but nonsexual at the beginning without even having to talk about it yet. That's not at all abnormal. At some point (preferably reasonably early on, but it doesn't have to be right away), you would have to tell him that you're not attracted to him (probably sounds less rude if you say the category of people you're not attracted to. Are you not attracted to men?) and see if he would be okay with an exclusively romantic relationship. He might not be up for that, but you can't force a relationship to work if you're not sexually compatible. And who knows, maybe he'd be totally fine with it :slight_smile:

3. newyearproblem

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am kinda in the same boat. I am attracted to both genders but then I am not into having sex with anyone. I do not think you are alone. I am sure there are people who are like you. Someone once gave me an advice when I was confused with what I was. He told me to just focus on my life goals. Label is not important. :slight_smile:

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how confusing it's, I get feelings for guys even though I am not sexually attracted to them.

It is not black or white, sexuality is complicated, but believe me it's common to feel this way, feelings are feelings, there is little we can do about them. Just a little advice, when you want to get into relationship with a person, be honest to yourself and to the other person. You might have feelings for this guy, but if this guy is attracted to you and you are not attracted to him, it's unfair. Be careful.

Take care. (*hug*)