1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning thought patterns?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by juno14, Jun 13, 2015.

1. juno14

I find I keep having repetitive thoughts which go something like this:
    #1 I'm pretty sure I'm straight.
    #2 I don't really like the idea of me being gay.
    #3 Wow this is what being in denial is! I'm totally gay!
    #4 Yay, this explains everything! I want to be gay!
    #5 Wait, if I want to be gay then I can't trust anything I'm feeling and am probably just making it up.
    And then back to #1.
    Has anyone else had things like this, and what do you think it means? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Elliiexriley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes! I have the exact same problem!
    At first I wasn't very happy with the thought of me being gay. I ignored my crushes on girls or I just gave it some weird reason. I wanted to be straight so I tried to like guys and I made myself believe I did. But now that I have accepted myself as gay it's the other way around. I want to be gay and now it just feels like im pretending not to like guys so I can be gay. It's really weird and confusing. I can't really help you tho since I have those same thoughts. Just thought I'd let you know your not alone...

3. juno14

Yeah, that's literally exactly how i feel! Thanks so much, that really does help :icon_bigg (*hug*) Good luck haha!

4. steve123a

I have the exact same issue.
    I'm pretty sure I'm gay just my head won't accept it...

I felt the same as though I made myself feel gay and questioning everything.

I'm just holding to my guns and going with what I believe to true and see what happens. (that I'm gay) I feel better when I do. So it mist be true.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2015 at 09:16 PM ----------

Maybe look at attractions and crushes over the years and see what you come up with. For me, it made me realise I'm gay and just panicking having told my family.

5. juno14

Yeah exactly, good to know you feel the same :slight_smile: Cool, thanks for your advice :slight_smile: (*hug*)