1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay then, bi now?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jax12, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has anyone identified as gay first and later on switch to bi? It's obviously quite common the other way around, but I'm just curious.

2. burnedgiraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorta for me. When I was going through puberty and first started experiencing romantic and sexual feelings, they were mainly towards other guys. I was pretty much set to come out as gay around my senior year in high school, but life decided to become complicated and I ended up falling for a girl. It was then that I realized that even back when I was younger, I was still a little attracted to girls but not quite as much as guys. Since then I still experience sexual and romantic feelings for both men and women and I've noticed that the older I get, the more "50/50" the attraction has become.

I guess you can say for me, my attraction to women developed later than my attraction to guys. If you're familiar with the Kinsey scale, I guess you could say I went from a 5 to somewhere close to a 3.

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me. Though I fought it for years. Totally threw me for a loop. I agree it's really weird for the reason you stated but hey, it happens. I'm learning that sexuality isn't just black and white, and I'm trying to just "go with the flow.":slight_smile:

#3 XenaxGabby, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015