1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am confused in my sexuality, advice please.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by timiderose, Jun 13, 2015.

1. timiderose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hello, my name is y.
    I just turned 18, two weeks ago.
    let's just keep it like that, anyways for the past years I've been labeled as bisexual but lean more towards to girls.
    but now I've been questioning my sexuality a lot well I'm just confused
    I've been in relationships with two girls and one boy, it wasn't anything serious like sex and all that since the relationships lasted for two months or so
    I've been reading stuff and doing my research online and I feel like I'm lesbian.
    I've been noticing I'm more attracted to girls instead of boys. Even though I haven't been in actual relationships with girls and boys, does it matter?
    When talking to my friends about girls I get all smiley and really happy and when I talk about boys I get the same feeling too but I get these negative thoughts about them if that makes senseI read about this lady called Ruby Rose, and I've seen her video called
    Break free on YouTube (which is inspiring) and how she came out as gay at 12.
    Every time I see a girl who dresses more masculine per say, it gives me this sense of pride and I get happy because she doesn't care what people think of her and her choice of clothes / style.
    Right now I'm blabbering but I'm just gonna end it there, haha.
    I would like some advice and help discovering what i like.
    Any questions, feel free to ask, xo.

#1 timiderose, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  2. bi2me

Hi! Welcome to EC!

It sounds like you are on the younger end of members, y. You can share your age if you like, but I'm going to go with that assumption for now.

I would suggest just taking time to explore what/who you like in general. Keep in mind that attractions and preferences can shift over time, and it's not unusual for someone to feel more attracted to one sex/gender for a while and to have that shift. It might shift more quickly or it may take many years. For some people it is more of a slide in one direction or the other that doesn't always return.

It isn't always important to put a label on yourself, but you can always change one you have adopted if it doesn't feel right anymore. There are also plenty of bisexuals who have a definite preference one way or the other.

Anything goes really (just be safe :wink: )!

3. timiderose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello, thank you for your lovely answer<3. And I'm 18 by the way.