1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChaoticMind, Jun 14, 2015.

1. ChaoticMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I have a problem. That problem is hormones. :confused:

I mean, I think about males "in that way," but I'm also kind of beginning to think about females "in that way." Generally speaking, I've always considered myself to be hetero, up until just before the start of adolescence. What I can't figure out is whether or not these thoughts are caused by hormones, and if they're not, what my orientation then turns out to be (as in, heterosexual/bi-curious/bisexual).
    I'm using the word "hormones" because I'm your typical female pubescent teen. My hormones are running rampant and I have no control over them.

I realise that this is relatively short, but if someone could give me some insight as to what my orientation might be, that would be greatly appreciated.

2. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really don't understand the term 'bi-curious' .. I feel like it's an alternate term for saying 'I'm testing my interest' :/ If one is sure of being interested in both the genders, then to me, it's called bisexuality.

There are a lot of variations with in bisexuality though. Such as, a person can be romantically attracted to a certain gender & sexually attracted to the other or equally splitted to both. Also, a person can be emotionally & physically attracted to masculine gender rather than the feminine gender or the vice-versa .. It's all a part of bisexuality.

You just need to make sure how you truly feel .. and the rest ( I meant labeling n all) will fall in place ..

#2 || Kheya ||, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  3. bi2me

We used the term bi-curious in high school. To us it was a 'testing the waters' type term. People usually use questioning now, but I get you. :slight_smile:

My closest friends were mildly sexually active with each other, trying to figure our feelings out (mostly touching breasts). My best friend and I became more intimate with each other, and in the last year I realized I still have sexual feelings for her, so I now consider myself bisexual.

Allow yourself time to figure it all out. It's ok to experiment (safely) with different people either through dating or just thinking about your attractions. I remember the rush of hormones all too well! It does even out a bit, and you may just end up being someone with a high sex drive as an adult.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to avoid putting your feelings down to "hormones". When I was your age I started to realise that I was strongly attracted to other boys and then I read a newspaper agony column where it was decribed as a pubescent phase [hormones] that most teenagers grow out of. It was the worst advice that I could have read at that time. I took it all on board and went into an extended period of damaging reflection and self denial.

If you have these feelings, let them be. Don't rush into anything, but don't deny them, like I did. Also, try not to worry about it. Pay attention to the strength of your feelings for the opposite sex and the same sex and give yourself the freedom to explore and consider those feelings. It's nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. Feel free to tell us what you are thinking and feeling too, because it can help you to process everything when you 'put it out there'. :slight_smile:

5. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thirteen and pretty sure of my orientation, pansexual with a gay preference. I don't think it's just hormones. Yes, it's a part of it. But many people realize their sexuality in their teens. You don't have to label yourself right now if you're unsure. And like Kheya said, there are different types of bisexuality. From what you wrote, I think you're bi.

6. ChaoticMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks so much, I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.