1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm bi but really not sure...?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by suchconfusion, Jun 16, 2015.

1. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Alright, this is really weird, but it's crossed my mind so many times. I've thought I was bi for a while, but my attraction for girls is not as strong as for guys. It's not in frequency, because I like girls more often, but it's a less intense attraction than I've experienced with males (usually). It really messes with my head because I don't know if I'm maybe just mistaking my attraction for girls as a deep...admiration? Like, I love how they look and I really want that for myself? I'm not really interested in guys though, but I tend to not feel as strongly for girls. PLus, I've only started questioning if I wasn't straight like a year anda half ago. It's just very frustrating because I keep doubting myself. Am i the only one that experiences this??? I keep racking my brain for some clarity but :/ Pleasee give me some insight. It's stressing the hell out of me. Thanks guys

Edit: I should add I'm mostly still very confused partly because I've only really really like a girl once or twice, so i dunno if it was just me liking that person despite gender or actually liking general girls...

#1 suchconfusion, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. luckystar7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    same for me but imma guy.

3. bi2me

Lots of bisexuals have a preference or stronger/more frequent attraction towards one gender/sex over others. I would venture to say most bisexuals aren't 50/50.

4. Lyana

Hey suchconfusion,

bi2me makes a very good point. Bisexuality isn't necessarily about being 50/50. You can be more frequently attracted to one gender, or more intensely attracted to one gender, or some sort of combination. It's far from unheard of. The only requirement is that the attraction has to be there for (at least) two genders.

And doubting yourself is also very common... After all, we have the entire "Sexual and Romantic Orientation" forum dedicated to it! So don't worry. It doesn't really matter how long it takes you to figure it out. Your sexuality will still be valid.

Here are the facts: You sound pretty sure of your attractions to guys. You also say you've really liked a girl in the past, and are frequently (if not intensely) attracted to girls in general. If I were describing someone else here, and not you, would you call that girl straight, bi, or gay?

suchconfusion likes this.