1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it hard to be bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fred89, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Fred89

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm just curious about what it's like. Do bisexuals have more partners in general or are they just attracted to more people? Are any of you picky about the people of both genders?

2. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't realize that I was bisexual until a few years ago. I don't feel like I've had any more partners than any of my friends, whether gay or straight. (probably less) I've always felt I've been picky about who I've ever slept with in my life, which has been almost exclusively females, and one male. I'm not attracted to males in general, so it hasn't increased the number of people I'm attracted to.

One of my friends who is bi has a more 50/50 attraction to other people, and she readily admits she's not that picky. She did however blow off a potential date with a guy to hang out with me tonight and watch a movie.

3. choirsmash

oh yes, it's quite difficult. Here's a simple explanation of what it's like to be bi: Taylor Swift is hot, Joey Graceffa is also hot. Tay is straight (as far as I know) and Joey is gay. This is how it's been for me, at least. Every girl I like is straight, every guy is gay. It's quite the struggle.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Depends on how you handle and look at it.

Yes, it can be a little distracting to potentially find anybody attractive, but it also is kind of awesome because you potentially have more options. Yes, sure, many of them will be a sexuality that conflicts with your compatibility, but some may not.

To be selfish for a moment, I find my fantasies to have more options to work with and incorporate. It's pretty awesome, LOL.

Some mention they begin to "miss" the other sex, but some are totally fine with committing to one individual. Sexuality, like people, can differ in expression and experience.

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual in a monogamous relationship for 29 years now...definitely not more partners than the average straight or gay person. After 29 years, yes, I miss men. My partner is also bisexual and yes, she misses men too. And yes, it is giving us some impetus to talk about non-monogamy options. This was not always a struggle...it has grown slowly with time, and we were happy being monogamous together for longer than most relationships last, period.

I also agree with absolutely everything that choirsmash said.

In terms of pickiness...I'm pretty picky about who I love...but I am much more picky about men than about women. It has little to do with how they look (although I am attracted to hotness in either sex, lol). The pickiness with men has to do with ego. I'm not good with being owned, possessed, dominated (although I can be pleasantly sub in the right circumstances)...and that is what many men seem to be looking for: a baby doll to take care of (can't society let boys take care of dolls when they're young, so they don't have this weird urge to do it later in life??). So if I will ever be with a man, he needs to be the kind of guy with the right blend of intelligence, sensitivity, and willingness to be a co-equal partner, rather than my guide and savior. Women, I find, tend to be much more likely to get this...so I get along better with more of them.

6. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I don't find it hard being a bisexual. I develop sexual feelings when I fall in love with someone, male or female. That's just me. When not in love, I'm drawn to the male body.
    As for emotional intimacy, I've experienced it with a couple of men, but mainly with women.

7. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I worry about being judged in the outside world. Biphobia runs ramped everywhere. Heck I used to be biphobic myself. I worry about never finding a girlfriend because of it, even though I'm backwards in my sexuality.

If I ever dated a man, he would have to be pretty damn amazing. Though over time I know that I would want to be with a woman and there is no way around that outside of an open relationship, which I am firmly against. But if I was with a woman and wanted to "explore", well that's what strap-ons are for.

#7 XenaxGabby, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  8. Lyana

I wouldn't say it's hard. It's different. For some people, it creates added complications. But hey, no one said life was easy.
    I haven't had more relationships than my straight friends. It's not like I jump from one person to another as soon as a relationship is over.

As to whether I'm picky or not... It depends. I'm often attracted to people, even people I just walk by and happen to think, Woah. I don't think it has anything to do with my orientation, just that there are hot people out there in the world. But I don't get crushes as easily. Falling in love? Even less easily.

I'm not convinced my sexuality actually plays a role in my relationships, other than (slightly) broadening my options.