1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Objectifying Men & Women

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kodo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back before I identified as trans, I used to almost force myself to objectify guys. I was, as far as I was told, a girl and thus I was expected to (naturally) like boys. This was the only reality I was allowed to embrace. So yes I would look at shirtless guys and say that I had a crush on so-and-so celebrity but I didn't know what the heck I was talking about. After a while I realized the feelings I had weren't sexual but rather simple admiration. I didn't want to be with them I wanted to be them.

During this time I never let myself look at a girl. Never let myself say another girl was beautiful. But after realizing I am indeed male I relinquished that restraint. I can allow myself to consider the option of a girl friend, to say that a girl is pretty. I remember when I came out to my brother and he said, "You shouldn't feel bad for liking girls." And he's right. Totally right.

While my attraction is still really low (or absent, in a sexual sense) when compared to other guys - I'm allowing myself to feel it for once.

Just a personal note, I know I didn't really give an opening to others but hey if you have something to add or comment on, shoot.

-Rhys-

2. RoseLalonde

Out Status:
    A few people
    It is wonderful that you are allowing yourself to be who you are.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can identify with the first part. Since I'm a girl, society told me I was to like guys, and since I was never exposed to any type of homosexuality as a kid, I forced myself to get "crushes" on celebrities when I really admired them and get crushes on my male friends who I just liked as friends.
    It sucks that society isn't more open to LGBT people.