1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like we should be sticking together

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SoshySheri, Jun 20, 2015.

1. SoshySheri

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like the community should be sticking together rather than policing each other's use of lables, I feel like people should call themselves whatever they feel comfortable with and it's wrong to judge them cause coming out is isolating enough. No one can know someone else better than that person knows themselves, is telling someone their using the "wrong" lables really worth making that person feel like their identity is being rejected or denied? I get upset sometimes at this cause people try to call me a lipstick lesbian, when they know I don't like it, they push be into this feminine box and see me as only a sterotype, I've gotten more confident in who I am but I really wish that people would focus on more important things than lables.

(&&&)

2. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This happened on EC? So far, the people I've spoken with seem pretty ambivalent or apathetic about labels.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I saw what I think was my third pan erasing thread on EC some days ago. So yeah, it happens, unfortunately.

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2015 at 11:09 PM ----------

SoshySheri, you're 100% right! We should stick together, if we haven't got each other than who have we?

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I saw that too. I just find it so hard to believe that people have such a hatred of people using a more specific word for their sexuality. I don't think there's anything wrong with using whatever label you like best. (So long as it applies to you, obviously)

Anyhoo, to reply to the OP, I am completely in agreement. We should be sticking together as a community. This applies to everyone, of any gender or sexuality.
    We shouldn't be telling Asexuals that they aren't a real sexuality, or saying Bisexuals don't count in the community if they're in a 'straight' relationship. We're all just people trying to exist in a world full of other people.