1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I saw homophobia the other day....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Posthuman666, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

Im a member in boy scouts, which I really need to quit again because I am not a boy....... and its seriously hurting my self image....
    and I was working at a church doing mulch and pulling weeds. Someone mentioned the homophobe trigger word, the dreaded "g" word. And this guy just says "Me and my grandpa have a way of dealing with them. As long as they don't come into contact with us or talk to us, we're good." His grandpa turns around and murmurs the usual "mhmm". Then I mentioned that until recently, boy scouts didn't allow gay members because it contradicted their code of "mentally strong... morally straight". And the grandpa says "Well, that was a mistake too". :eusa_clap Isn't that great? :bang:: :tantrum::bang:

What the literal fuck.

I had to restrain myself from bitch slapping the kid. It was so hard to not say, "oh well Im pansexual and transgender, so fuck you guys" but alas, I didn't. I still don't understand why anyone would feel the need to make others feel so bad about themselves. As with their argument, note the usage of phrases such as "dealing with them" and "that was a mistake". First off, we don't need to be dealt with,and secondly, he acted like we were inhuman, inferior to heterosexual people. And the mistake comment easily showed his religious views an opinions.

I was hurt, and rightfully so, but the sad part is, even if I tried I couldn't reason with him. I couldn't quote all the bible verses that actually don't say anything bad about homosexuality, or how he just disregarded all of the christian values of "love" and "equality". I couldn't state how socially and politically incorrect his claim was, or that he just essentially shouted he was a conservative obsessed with denying the right of minorities.

I wish people like this would do the world I favor and just stop. Stop the hate, stop the shaming. Has anyone else dealt with shit like this in person or online?

2. bi2me

I'm sorry you had to deal with that! It's terrible how so many people don't think about how others feel or realize it and just don't care.

I did hear recently that girl scouts was open to trans* members. Are you interested in joining with them?

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People are obviously misinterpreting the bible. They take snippets from the bible and use that against homosexual which is already an incorrect interpretation of the bible as a whole.

The overall message of the bible is to teach us to live more like Jesus/God. In other words, it's to make yourself a better person as a whole. Using verses in the bible to condemn LGBT+ individuals already contradicts the whole message of the bible. God is all about love. How can anyone follow a God like that yet discriminate from singular verses from the bible?

4. Posthuman666

Exactly my point here! The christian god is all about love and acceptance which is not what is happening here.

5. Im Hazel

Next time, flirt obnoxiously with all of them. Works every time. ^^

But, yeah. It's sickening, the things people say. I have heard homophobia. Maybe "oh well Im pansexual and transgender, so fuck you guys", would have worked. Confronting these bigots head on often works the best.

6. Posthuman666

Yeah.

Everytime I see your avatar I just laugh oh my gosh its great.