1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FindingEmo, Jun 22, 2015.

1. FindingEmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so I've been confused for a long, long time.
    I have been identifying as bisexual, but now I'm starting to doubt myself. Romantically I'm attracted to both guys and girls, being in a relationship and holding hands and hugging is exciting for me for both genders. I imagine kissing both and that makes me happy, but here comes the confusing part.
    Sexually, I only like girls. Sex with girls is appealing to me and imagine it a lot with girls I meet and crush on. However, guys are different. Sex with them makes me uncomfortable and almost repulses me, even though I like kissing them and holding hands and stuff.
    I'm a girl, and I know about being heteromantic and homoromantic etc. but if I'm romantically attracted to both but only sexually to girls, what does that make me? A heteromantic lesbian? I'm not sure what I should identify as.
    Any help with finding a name for it would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

2. guitar

Based on what you just described, a heteromantic lesbian fits the bill. It seems like you're about a Kinsey 5 or so. That description more or less fits my own sexuality, but I say "gay" because I doubt I'll (want to) have sex with a woman again, so it's a quick way to tell my persuasion to the straight world.

Personally, I wouldn't get too hung up on labels, they're too cobstricting. They're simply there to kind of describe what you're into in a few words. Just be yourself and love people how your heart desires. :slight_smile:

3. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Based on what you said, I would say you're a biromantic homosexual, but it's up to you to decide which label you would be more comfortable with. Personally, I'm trying to figure out whether I'm a lesbian or a biromantic homosexual, but even if I am biromantic homosexual I will probably come out as lesbian. It's just easier for me to explain.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    ^what fxngirl said

Just focus on your feelings, they're yours and they're beautiful. Cherish them and take care of yourself

hugs

5. FindingEmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you all so much ^-^ This has been really helpful!!