1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mistyfields88, Jun 23, 2015.

1. mistyfields88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay so I've always known I've been into girls. But I also question if I'm a lesbian or if I'm bisexual... I don't know I don't really see myself being with a guy romantically at all but I guess if it was a really good guy and we were perfect for each other I wouldn't mind it... I guess being with a man sort of scares me too as I just can't imagine it but then sometimes I can... It's so confusing for me and this is literally all I can think about anymore. I feel like I'm a lesbian but I'm also scared I'll come out to people and then I'll find some guy who I feel somewhat attracted too and people will think I lied or something... I also can't tell if I just think I'm attracted to guys sometimes because I'm kind of "scared" to be a lesbian. I've "crushed" on guys when I was younger just because I thought it was normal... I didn't even know it was possible to date the same sex.. I've always felt attraction to females but I never acted upon it or thought twice about it. I guess I'm just scared of dealing with all the hate people give members of the LGBT+ community.. I've always had problems with hate and I'm scared that coming out as whatever I am will put me over the edge and I will shut down again. I just don't know what I am anymore and I need some advice ;-;

#1 mistyfields88, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. Seagypsy

I can relate to all of this, too. It must be very common for people to push away an attraction to the same sex and only think of pursuing the opposite sex, it was the same for me. I have a VERY homophobic father, so even when I was like 12, just as crushes were beginning, I was aware that I should not let myself fancy other females, but should only crush on guys. So I think I just pushed myself more into liking guys. And in my case, liking androgynous guys was easiest because they are slightly feminine, I don't fancy men who are typically masculine, and I also don't notice typical females BUT I wonder if this is because I suppressed it so early?? When I fancy a more androgynous female it's probably because her male traits make me feel its ok to like her because she "looks like" a man, so it must be ok.... right?!? That's where I think I got so confused........... (*hug*)

3. mistyfields88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know how you feel man. I did it all the time too. I really think the more and more I think about it that I am a lesbian and just think some guys are occasionally cute.. I mean I would be in a romantic relationship with a man but I would not have sex with a man. I did the same with you and made myself like men even though I don't really... I'm really picky when it comes to men and I've literally only had a real and true crush on one man in my life. I agree with you too because I can't stand "masculine men" because it's just not something I am attracted to. I really think I'm lesbian but if somehow the perfect male came around then maybe I would pursue feelings for him? I don't know if thats even a sexuality but it explains me xD